A tutorial?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tutorial?

I recently downloaded this game and joined the TG server. Wow is this game different.

Anyways, I asked the guys if they knew of a good tutorial for the NS noob and they directed me to nsarmslab.com.

I could not find one on there, so does anyone know where I can find one?

Re: A tutorial?

While not a tutorial in the strictest sense of the word, I do highly recommend our HLTV Sessions.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/calenda...=getinfo&e=123
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Ah, I think they meant "NS Learn", which is hosted by nsarmslab.com

http://nslearn.nsarmslab.com/ is DOWN, and I have no idea if/when it may go back up. Your best bet is to jump on a HLTV NS session (usually every Saturday Night) and start asking questions. Details are in a thread stickied at the top of the forum.

If you join the server and immediately make it known that you are A)New and B) Want to learn then you help yourself by giving a heads up to the server players and those willing (mostly all I'd hope) to teach you and help.
      USAR

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
        While not a tutorial in the strictest sense of the word, I do highly recommend our HLTV Sessions.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/calenda...=getinfo&e=123
        I was seriously typing as you posted :p
        USAR

Comment

Manual: http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/comm...asic/index.htm
          Marine Training: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural..._training.html

I dont know about that training map. If you give it a try, let us know how it worked out. Its hard to judge how helpful something like that is when you have been playing the game for 3 years.
          Steam Community: | |

Comment

Keep in mind, many of the numbers in that manual are way off, so don't trust it for game balance purposes. However, it does at least tell you what the basic functions of everything are.

My personal tip of the day:
            Natural Selection is often dominated by the ability to switch weapons quickly and easily. As a marine, you will find that most of your starting weapons quickly run low on ammunition, and aliens will rarely give you enough time to reload before being eaten. Switching to another weapon that is already reloaded will often save your life.

As an alien, weapon switching is even more important. While marines use weapons exclusively for dealing damage, alien weapons carry out a wide variety of utility functions, and selecting the right one for the task, and then being able to switch to another one within 1/4 of a second for a new task, separates the...well...the live aliens from the dead aliens. :)

Comment

Two recommendations:
              • put the following text, literally, at the end of your name: "(I'm new)", parentheses and all
                Vet players often put "noob" or "newbie" at the end of their names to be cute, but most players will recognize you as genuinely in need of patience and assistance if you put "(I'm new)" at the end of your name... and that's a good thing, as patience and assistance are two things that every new NS player require
              • come to the HLTV Session tonight
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. I am trying to get the jist of it and I look forward to playing some NS with you all.

Comment

Whistler, I believe I'm the one who pointed you at NSArmslab, and I am terribly sorry to hear that they do not in fact have tutorials (as I was lead to believe).

Unfortunately, the only other guides I know of seem to have vanished. The Guns4back2school forums used to have some incredibly useful gameplay and mapping guides - the mapping ones remain, but the new player guides are gone.

I am hopeful and optimistic that you will find plenty of support and advice here at TG. This actually segues into something else I have in mind, but I will address that in a separate post.

Welcome, and see you in the game!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X