Points Abuse and Actions to be Taken

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points Abuse and Actions to be Taken

Friday, Sept. 1st: 3:55 PM, central.

Server is full of mostly regulars. Aliens are at an extreme win, kills are 70 marines 130 aliens.

A certain registered member decides to take it upon himself to buy extra upgrades. This player was on aliens, the winning team. The game was at about 11 minutes, almost over. We had PLENTY of people to go NS.

The marine team saw that he spent those points, extending map time another 15 minutes, and of course, we started griping. I probably took the wrong course of action, but I told the admin we had on to go ahead and change the map.

Arguements were raised by the alien team that certain admin would agree with the general vote to keep the co map, yet the general vote was ONLY the alien team on a 7 on 7. That makes it only half the vote.

Is this abuse? I say so. I believe that points are given to us for privileadge, and should only be used to influence the game when the entire server wants them to be used. Extraupgrades for marines is kind've pointless when the kills are 70-130, aliens favor.

What course of action should be taken? Most of the server, like stated above, were regulars, meaning that most of us would rather be playing NS. I didn't tally a vote, but it was definately a rude thing to do when the aliens are winning as well as they were.

What's the call?

Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Points Abuse and Actions to be Taken

If the admins need the players' help deciding what is and what isn't abuse of the server commands, or what action follows said abuse, or if any discussion needs to be had around that, an admin will call for public discussion.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed