Half Life and Aflac Relation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life and Aflac Relation?

I know this might seem a bit odd, esspecially in these forums. But as this is the only forum for a Half Life Goldsource mod at Tactical Gamer. Now I assume you've all heard the various Half Life music played while connecting to a server.

Note: Tactical Gamer has it's own music playing, which is not Half Life related

Well recently I was watching TV and I saw an Aflac comercial. This guy is on his roof, when he falls back, he grabs the cable wire and everything goes slow-mo. Well one of Half Life's songs is playing! I'm confused, is Valve giving their songs away? Or was the song made out of simple built in loops from a popular program (ex. Soundtrack Pro) and there for can't hold a copy right?

I guess what I'm asking is if any one can verify seeing the comercial and hearing the song as I have (or maybe I'm just paranoid). Also to see everyone else's take on the matter.

-Sirusblk

Re: Half Life and Aflac Relation?

We should see if they sell onos insurance.

Comment

A lot of times studios use bulk-library sound clips. IIRC, they buy license to them, but don't actually buy rights to them.

Comment

Well I guess that kinda answers that, but has anyone seen the commercial? I consider it one of those "A Funny Thing Happened On My Way To The Forum" moments. It's ironic that they use the exact same sound clips, and over lay them at the exact same moments as Half Life.

-Sirusblk

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
          We should see if they sell onos insurance.
          If they don't, we can talk them in to it... we can call it.... REDEMPTION!

-Mom
          Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

well we need redemption insurance cause sometimes it doesnt work
            like maybe you get 50% res return or your money back?

Comment

Actually I meant for the marines, in the form of flood insurance. "Worried that a wild onos might rip up your beautiful AA? Just 10 res a month and all your worries are gone with NSAFLAC!"

Comment

I'm fairly sure that I've heard the onos charge sound on a SciFi Original before...

Comment

Link to the commercial (on the bottom in the " our previous commercials" box named "the fall")

http://www.aflac.com/us/en/aboutafla...ls.aspx?tcs=1&
                  Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                  Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Funny. I think that's about halfway through HL...first time meeting the blue guy?

As a side note, I frequently recognize door opening sounds from NS or other video games being used on sci fi TV shows. Someone really need to come up with a new "whoosh" noise.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X