Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick My New Name Part I

This is gonna be a 2 part deal.
    Over the next 2 days, i'd like you guys to submit ideas for my new name. Doesnt have to be anything fancy, just whatever comes to mind.

-Standard rules apply, no obscenity, lewd names, etc.

-Feel free to submit multiple entries and if you like someone else's idea as well, second the idea.

-After 2 days are up (which would make it friday morning for arguments sake), ill collect the names and we can have a vote on what my new name should be. No matter how strange or kooky the name is, once we have a winner, it will be my new forum and in-game name.

-Format the name however you want (some people like using symbols and such).

-Before submitting a name idea, make sure it will fit on the scoreboard completely. Im not sure what the character limit is, but I'd like other people to actually be able to read my name on the rare occasion that I kill something.

Once this is done, you guys will have the privelege of saying you took part in the first official naming of a TG player! So lets see some ideas!

Re: Pick My New Name Part I

"Cricket"

Comment

Originally posted by CryForMe View Post
      This is gonna be a 2 part deal.
      Over the next 2 days, i'd like you guys to submit ideas for my new name. Doesnt have to be anything fancy, just whatever comes to mind.

-Standard rules apply, no obscenity, lewd names, etc.

-Feel free to submit multiple entries and if you like someone else's idea as well, second the idea.

-After 2 days are up (which would make it friday morning for arguments sake), ill collect the names and we can have a vote on what my new name should be. No matter how strange or kooky the name is, once we have a winner, it will be my new forum and in-game name.

-Format the name however you want (some people like using symbols and such).

-Before submitting a name idea, make sure it will fit on the scoreboard completely. Im not sure what the character limit is, but I'd like other people to actually be able to read my name on the rare occasion that I kill something.

Once this is done, you guys will have the privelege of saying you took part in the first official naming of a TG player! So lets see some ideas!
      You're not the first.

Isn't a name a personal thing? Why would you want others picking one for you, when you've the ability to name yourself?
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I don't care to name you, but I will ask that you not pick a name which is easily confused as or abbreviated to an adjective or other common term used in gameplay. Also, get at least one or two long vowels and/or hard consonants in there.

The name is a communication tool. Don't pick something that's laborious to use.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

agreed. so no names that can be confused with in game abbreviations. So no TF, RT, DC, SC, MC, CC, Etc.
          And I think it'll be fun pokerface, regardless of how personal it is to name yourself. :) and also, according to that thread, the guy wanted opinions on which was a better name. in mine, itc completely chosen by the community. No input from me on name desires, ideas, etc.

Comment

One syllable, easy to call out over voice (or something that can be abbreviated). Poker is right - it should be personal, something that reflects on who you are. Maybe something favorite of yours from history?
            Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

"I'm With Stupid"

Comment

I went to m-w.com and looked at the word of the day:

confrere • \KAHN-frair\ • noun
                : colleague, comrade

so I suppose "confrere" is my suggestion.

people could easily call you "con", the name sounds cool, and best of all, actually means comrade.
                remi.D

Comment

Mike Jones

Comment

I nominate the name: "Everyone"
                    Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

RocketPunch, I will kill you.
                      remi.D

Comment

"Cryogen"

Keeps the same abbreviation for easy player recognition, but means something completely different. Plus it just sounds cool. :)

Or, for extra flair, try "Cryogenic..."...um...something which I'll think of later. :p

Comment

cri. is an infamous NS clan. See: cri.mosis for more.
                          Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Confrere is kinda cool. I can dig it.

Or you can do what I do, use your first name followed by a title. For example

"Chris the Korean Bagel Maker"

I like it cause I hear Chris and it instantly gets my attention.

Comment

If I wasn't so infatuated with "remedy" I'd actually consider changing my name to Confrere myself. You could always screw up the spelling too and be like...

Konphrare
                              Konphrair
                              Conphrair
                              Confrair
                              Konfrair
                              Konfrare
                              Confrare

I think I like "Konphrair" the best.

(it also reminds me of the character "kon" from bleach. :D)
                              remi.D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X