Jumping by the Hiveside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping by the Hiveside

I don't have any confidence when it comes to making stuff like this. This took like... 120% of my creative juices, and we'll all seen stuff that puts this to shame.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed making it. I hope you enjoy watching it. I'm sorry it couldn't be better quality (technically and creatively), but I think it delivers its message well enough.

We have great teamwork on our NS server, and I just wanted to showcase that. This is my first humble attempt to do just that in a brief "movie". I hope to do more of these, but I've wanted to do this for a long time, so it may be a long time before I do another.

Jumping by the Hiveside
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Jumping by the Hiveside

Nifty.

That almost looked familiar... That wasn't that hama relocate + dc rush was it?

Comment

Cold turn relocate + MC, I think. This past... Monday... maybe?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Nice, very nice. Was I the unfortunate comm on that one?

The only thing I might have added is to say that this is "pub" gameplay and/or something to that effect- people would likely assume that this was in an organized match of some kind.

Also, any reason why there's a space in "tgns. tacticalgamer.com" in the credits?
        Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Originally posted by zibalatz View Post
          Also, any reason why there's a space in "tgns. tacticalgamer.com" in the credits?
          That was what took the last 20% of his creative juice.

Comment

Cool video. Excellent choice of audio.

Comment

The way Windows Movie Maker lets me put text in there is goofy. Two or three columns, each one only so wide, so I had to space text out at times.

Good thought about pub play. I should have mentioned that. Hopefully it will be apparent when the server address pops up.

Comment

Not bad, nice work wyz. I've always wanted to make an atmospheric movie for NS much like the ones back in the day (dark horizon, etc..)
                Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Haha that was so awesome. I was in that game! I was the first skulk that took out two guys when they first got to Cold turn! :P

And the one that went for the furthest guy during the rush (all the way to the right far side) because everyone else was dealing with the other ones.

Watching it again it just looks so coordinated. Awesome.
                  remi.D

Comment

OMG wyz, that was one of, if not thee best TG ad i've ever seen!!! Great movie, love the music, and wow. Great work!

You should upload it to youtube, might get more better players.
                    Oyee

Comment

Ah yes, I was in that, not sure what marine I am, but I think i am one of these who build the cc or the ip.
                      Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

i was an alien in that, went 3-0 on munching marines, probably the best K:D ratio ive ever had too! That was awesome Wyz, love it.

Comment

Brilliant Wyz,
                          That is fantastic, and definatly worth spreading around... (with permission ofcourse)
                          Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

Who would we share it with? And how best do we do that?

You have to understand that, while I'm enthusiastic about our server, and even the one filmed moment, I'm not (NOT haha) enthusiastic about my video-editing abilities. I just don't want there to even be a hint of "lol look at this awesome vid!!!111". I just want people to realize what they're missing. That's all.

Comment

I don't have sound on this university machine, but from what I saw I was very entertained!
                              USAR

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X