Game trouble...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game trouble...

I am really at my witts end. Ever since i played a couple nights ago my NS has gone Haywire! I get to the Verifying Resources and it locks up. I can join the rtfo server but not Tactical Gamer or NSarmslab or any other that i tested for that matter. I have totally deleted my NS and started with a new config Twice! I have updated my video drivers (which shouldnt be a factor due to me being able to play not 3 days ago). I signed up for a TG membership again (Got divorced and now have a lot of money... Don't know if that is a good thing or not...) so i want to play. Any suggestions?

Before the lock up would happen my NS would just crash as if it was changing resolutions. Tried many different ones and setting my desktop one also. No luck. Help help help!

RS
    Quotes From Wise People:
    "Never enough time to do it once but always enough time to do it again."
    "If he(She) ever learns what it is to speak ill, he will no longer be angry"
    "You'll learn good from the good; those who are not, If you mix with them, spoil the sense you've got."

Re: Game trouble...

The plot thickens.... So i cant connect to any server that has the stupid VAC... What is going on!!!
    Quotes From Wise People:
    "You'll learn good from the good; those who are not, If you mix with them, spoil the sense you've got."

Comment

sounds like one of two problems. either you have a corrupted steam folder, which is as simple as uninstalling steam and all of its apps and reinstalling, or your steam account has been vac banned for some reason. for the second, you'll have to contact steam and check the status of your account. if thats the case and you've been vac banned, the only solution is to buy another copy of HL through steam because they wont restore banned accounts under any circumstances because they cant verify that you werent really hacking. hope this helps.

Comment

Definetly not a VAC ban. My status under my user settings is "In Good Standing" Plus i dont even get near cheats... So i will try the steam thing...
        Quotes From Wise People:

Comment

Total Steam and NS reinstall and it still doesnt work........................
          Quotes From Wise People:

Comment

Why dont you post your problem on the NS forums?

Oh wait.
            Oyee

Comment

A while back wyz created a work around for those having problems with VAC. I dont know if the solution is still in place, but you should send him a PM to see what he can do for you.
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

I can't recall anything I did. There was a time when we ran a non-VAC server, but I'm not offering that option today.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I was referring to the non-VAC -> VAC -> non-VAC bounce that you had. I figured that wasnt active anymore.
                  Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
                    Why dont you post your problem on the NS forums?

Oh wait.
                    Oh wait what? Don't get it >_<

I will continue to struggle with this stupid issue... There is no readon for it and hopefully it goes away. New day new chance for it to work ^^ Thanks for all the help!

RS
                    Quotes From Wise People:

Comment

Originally posted by RisingSun View Post
                      Oh wait what? Don't get it >_<

I will continue to struggle with this stupid issue... There is no readon for it and hopefully it goes away. New day new chance for it to work ^^ Thanks for all the help!

RS
                      The punchline is that the ns.com fora are not yet public. If you're a Contellation Member, the joke is totally lost on you.
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I am one :P But i also have been totally out of the loop these past couple months...

CS forums said this:

I cant get passed the Precaching Resourses stage
                        If you Steam / CS appears to "freeze" at the "precaching resources" stage when you try to connect to a server, then this is almost certainly because Steam is still updating some files.

Use Monitor to check whether Steam is downloading any files, also check whether your game is up to date - Am I ready to play yet?

WTF... NS is th eonly one that doesnt work.... I hate steam.... VERY MUCH!
                        Quotes From Wise People:

Comment

You don't have Internet Explorer 7.0 do you? That causes the same issue, by preventing STEAM aps from correctly downloading resources.

Comment

You have to be freaking kidding me... I uninstall IE beta whatever and it works.... Further proof i hate microsoft....................... I can use my membership now woohoo!!!
                            Quotes From Wise People:

Comment

You can sort of blame both companies. Valve wrote STEAM to borrow some code from Internet Explorer 6.0 to handle some of its downloads. Not all of them, just the ones between clients and servers. Then Microsoft went and changed that portion of the IE code for its upgrade to 7.0, so STEAM goes to IE looking for some code to borrow, and it isn't there anymore.

I doubt Microsoft will change 7.0 to be backwards compatible, so eventually Valve will have to release an update to STEAM so that it isn't totally reliant on IE 6.0 anymore. Dunno how long that will take though, probably not until IE7 Beta becomes full retail.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X