Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just watching the boondock marine video and was thinking if anyone would be intersted in installing 1.04 using Bry's 1.04 steam installer and maybe getting like an 8 on 8 game going on.

I have to say I had the most fun playing 1.04 than any other version. Although it had a lot of bugs it was just F'ing fun. There would be 2 hour + games that would just never end. I remember one game where a marine team went through about 5 comms in a 3.5 hour game.

I think it would be cool to play 1.04 again. I miss the 200 bullet hmg that did full 20 damage to buildings, fast grenade launcher, babblers, the coordinated jetpack hmg rush, and the list goes on...

So would it be worth a shot, or should I just forget about?

http://www.brywright.co.uk/ns/steam104.php <--- Bry's steam 1.04 installer with directions and FAQ
    Last edited by xtcmen; 09-12-2006, 12:51 AM.

Re: 1.04

I'd be willing.

Lets see about time though...
    Oyee

Comment

Just downloaded it. It works great. All i have to say is wow.... everything is so different.

Comment

I'm in for a nostalgia game. My X-fire is TinkerSix . I'm working till 9pm pacific Mon, Wed, Fri but most other evenings I'm free. Let me know if we can ge something going.

Comment

I wouldn't mind playing a few rounds of 1.04. That's the version the game was on when I quit playing way back when.

It was a big change when I started playing again a couple of months ago. :)
          aka Roland tHTG

Comment

1.04 is like cold mashed potatoes compared to today. No, thank you. I'm satisfied enough by playing the old maps in today's version. Yeah, it creates gameplay problems, but it meets my needs for walking down memory lane.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The only change I never quite understood was why the mines no longer had laser trips on them. Though I dont think they ever had them when placed on the floor.
              I am a n00b. If I beat you, it must be a mistake.

Comment

Marines (the better trained ones of today) will walk all over 1.04 aliens.
                Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Shroud View Post
                  The only change I never quite understood was why the mines no longer had laser trips on them. Though I dont think they ever had them when placed on the floor.
                  That was purely for performance reasons. Laser Trips required a lot of server cycles and also really hurt people's FPS. Enough of them at one time would crash the server. (Yes, you can still do that, but it takes a lot more mines now.)

Originally posted by Stupid View Post
                  Marines (the better trained ones of today) will walk all over 1.04 aliens.
                  Do you know how much hp SKULKS had back in 1.04? Throw on Carapace and think todays Gorgy. Except, they also had smaller hitboxes that didn't quite line up with the models, so most of your bullets will miss--especially if you're a better trained Marine of today.

The thing that hurt 1.04 aliens wasn't the skulks, it was the fact that you couldn't evolve to Fade until the 2nd Hive was finished.

Comment

I think I lack the ability to reconstruct how 1.04 worked back in the day. I remember onos firing a paralizing thing, babblers, fades having bile bomb, gorges getting more of the res than other forms. And I never got to play marines because my FPS always died near MS. Gorge was pretty much the only thing I could do.

Oh yeah, DC first FTW!

Comment

To this day, I still liked 1.04 for the fact that people couldn't fade until 2nd hive was up.
                      :icon31: <--(WTf is this)

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                        1.04 is like cold mashed potatoes compared to today. No, thank you.
                        You're so cut.

I'd be in for some hot fudge brownies with ice cream and chocolate syrup (1.04). Just tell me when and where. Hope I can make it.

Comment

Ah the good ol mines!

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Well first we need a dedicated server to play on. I can host one I guess or if anyone else wants to do it because I'm nub at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                              Do you know how much hp SKULKS had back in 1.04? Throw on Carapace and think todays Gorgy. Except, they also had smaller hitboxes that didn't quite line up with the models, so most of your bullets will miss--especially if you're a better trained Marine of today.

The thing that hurt 1.04 aliens wasn't the skulks, it was the fact that you couldn't evolve to Fade until the 2nd Hive was finished.
                              And the fact that a single good HMG JP would consistantly eliminate hives left and right.

As I recall, once marines teched to JP, it was all over but the crying.
                              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X