NS Site!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS Site!!!!

THE NS SITE IS BACK!!!! IT ONLY TOOK A YEAR!

Hello NSPlayers!

After far too long, the Natural Selection and Unknown Worlds sites are finally ready for wider testing. I never would've believed it if someone told me how long it was going to take, but it was a huge amount of work.

We've been testing it with the Constellation members for a couple weeks and everything seems to be working well, so now we're ready to open it up to a wider audience. Namely, you.

This e-mail is going out to everyone who has signed up on the NS forums since the dawn of time (since we opened in the forums in 2002). As a treasured member of the NS community, we'd like to get your feedback before going live to the public.

To check out the site, go to the following URL (the site will not be on port 90 when we release to the public of course):

w w w.unknownworlds.com:90/ns

It will then ask you for a login and password. Enter the following:

login: *******
    password: ******
    The site is not public yet. Check your email for login details. -kormendi

Note, do not enter your forum handle and password, use the above! Once that happens, you can login to the site normally and get back to your precious forums. :) Please note that if we have security or technical problems, we may very well end up changing the password on the site again to prevent access while we fix the problem. Just keep trying and the site you'll be back in soon (or we'll send another message to this list). We're going to do whatever is needed to get this site back to the public as soon as possible. Also, if we have problems some posts made during this test period could be lost. So if you decide to use this time to post your dissertation proving why NS needs a "Scorpian that hovar swithout flapping", you may want to save it on your computer, just in case.

A short time after we make the site public, we plan on announcing the first juicy details of the next NS game, which will use the Half-life II engine and will be released for sale on Steam.

Special thanks to the legions of coders and QA folks we've had working on this site at one time or another, especially Karl "XP-Cagey" Patrick, Harry "puzl" Walsh and Felipe "Zoc" Silveira. We would've remained forever hacked without you.

Please report any bugs you find to Zoc or post a thread in the Bug Reports forum. Finally, you should take a moment to make sure your profile is up to date, especially your e-mail address. We will never spam you and plan on using these mailing lists whenever we have big news.

Welcome back!
    FORUM SPAM GO GO GO!
    Last edited by kormendi; 09-12-2006, 09:50 AM. Reason: removed login and pass

Re: Omfg Ns Site!!!!

OMG it does work, to bad my email has changed since then. I cant login without my information.
    Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
      OMG it does work, to bad my email has changed since then. I cant login without my information.
      QFT

Comment

Well not quite "back", as it's not yet public, but at least progress is being made.

Comment

Found the email, only took me about 20 mins.

Before you clear any email filters, look to see if it is there first.

yahoo thinks that it was spam, so i had to go digging though almost 10 pages (at 50 emails a page) of spam from 2051 AD to 2012 AD before found it, it was the first one that was a valid date sent for me to have it right now. :)
          Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Heh, look at all the sub forums light up.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I click on forums and I get a big white screen rofl... Must be flooded?

Comment

now for all the "What took you so long" threads...

Comment

Anybody find it a little... misplaced that there's a video of ZoS on the main NS page? I'd be fine with a small text advertisement or something out of the way were it looks good, but move the video to the main unknownworlds.com website.
                  Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                  Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I know I so seldom have something positive to say, but I'm not going to change that now: given the saturation of the Sudoku market, I think NS players are the only possible audience.

Comment

Yeah that is a little misplaced, but if I were Flayra I'd do the same thing.

Anyway, five bucks says they get hacked a week after opening day.

Comment

Someone post a screenshot of the forums :x.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                          Anybody find it a little... misplaced that there's a video of ZoS on the main NS page? I'd be fine with a small text advertisement or something out of the way were it looks good, but move the video to the main unknownworlds.com website.

I'm sure the NS site would recieve more traffic than the UE one, and it doesn't bother me really, any money made by that game can only help continue NS development.

Comment

Originally posted by Zunni View Post
                            now for all the "What took you so long" threads...
                            I was wondering the same thing, untill I helped test the new balance plugin. That code took us to 2 am to test, and we still were not done (more bugs keep apearing).

And for such a short program(balance), i now understand why it took them sooooooo long, to get the new fourms back up( complex and long program).
                            Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X