Games and anger!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games and anger!

Alright, well I'm sure I'm not the only one that has this problem ( I hope! =X ).
    You ever just get to the point, even if your winning and something stupid happens, you just want to punch your monitor or squeeze that dumb white microsoft mouse until it explodes? God I get this way WAY to often! I enjoy playing NS a lot but it brings out my anger way too often and really its the only thing that does this to me! I can't recall any other activity where I just go nuts like NS.

Uhg.. I already started greying early from CS .. lol

Re: Games and anger!

yeah.... Its kinda why I stopped playing and moved to different games.

99. A smiley face is not used to mark a minefield.
    100. Claymore mines are not filled with yummy candy, and it is wrong to tell new soldiers that they are.
    101. I am not allowed to mount a bayonet on a crew-served weapon.

Comment

If that's the issue, you're taking things too seriously. I may get more and more annoyed at a particular game, but I don't let myself get more than irritated.

Stressing yourself over something that should reduce stress is really self-defeating.

Comment

Yes, but recently it's only been because my computer freezes in the middle of a game.

It froze a good 6 times today... And so I think I played a grand total of 3 games, and waited on hltv for a good 8 or 9.

At one point I waited through 3 games, managed to get on, and then got slot kicekd by Keres. I was actually a little happy though because that time at least it wasn't my computer freezing, albeit still frustrating.

My new videocard is coming this week... So hopefully I'll be able to have some nice long good games again.

--

The only other time is when I have a team with no communication/teamwork. It happens more often than you'd think on TG. (Though it's more because people aren't stepping up to do what is needed, people are all in the mindset that someone else will handle it, or something... Normally happens earlier in the day before all the regs are on.)
        The only other time is whent here is someone on the server who has hacker-like aim. You know what I'm mean. There are some that have extremely good aim, but then there are others that are just ridiculous. They do not miss. These are also the people that like to go and sit in the hive and spawn camp, or sit right outside it completely containing the aliens. Frikken one man team.

A game of NS should not be won by one man alone.
        Last edited by blu.knight; 09-17-2006, 08:04 PM.
        remi.D

Comment

I get really frustrated when I start a game off as marines and then check the board and I'm 0-7 or something, and then continue the game and stay on the bottom of the score board, and after trying tso hard just to do something, and I keep dying without getting a kill. Sometimes it isn't being out-skilled, but just having bad aim or something, I get raged. Aliens I'm not like that, cause if I'm not feeling "it" then I just go chomp on nodes, or suicide on MS to take something out, or gorge, then I just try to be as great of a support character than anything.

Comment

Well, for as much anger as it creates... I really try to control it and it helps me more so in the outside world... But I still get angry in game sometimes. (I used to have pretty bad anger problems, but outside of games they no longer exist).. Oh well.. I don't get more than 'annoyed' all that often, and the anger vs enjoyment value says I should keep playing.

Comment

This post made me so mad...
              Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

You guys have to just do what I do. Accept the conslusion that you cant aim and less than 1% of the time you're going to win and you'll be cool.

Wait, you guys can aim? And you win a good amount? Oh.
                Someone fix the balance plugin so that it balances my aim then.
                :)

Comment

My computer never seems to freeze when I'm skulk. Only when I'm fade, lerk, or onos. And always in the middle of the game when I've already commited time and effort and things are getting interesting.

(I just froze out again and I was onos. I don't know if that game was going to be recoverable... Speedy attack on their rts might have made it possible... [two onii = dead rts])

--

My new card is going to have a fan pointing out of the case, so hopefully it won't be able to pretend to have overheating problems. (grrr)
                  remi.D

Comment

I have a lag spike that ends in my death no less than 3 times on a decent length game. I cope with this by never going any lifeform higher than a lerk unless the team is ahead by a fair bit, assuming half the time I would have died whether the spike hit me or not, and believing when I get an ethernet cable this problem will go away.

Comment

The internet connection to my building isn't that great, so at times I have similar problems Irish. It's gotten so bad I just couldn't play. At times the internet connection just completely dies. I normally have an average loss of 5 or so, and choke normally hovers at 1.

I once again froze out of a game. It's so frustrating, I can't get 'my fill' of NS because my computer won't cooperate for a full game.
                      remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight View Post
                        My computer never seems to freeze when I'm skulk. Only when I'm fade, lerk, or onos. And always in the middle of the game when I've already commited time and effort and things are getting interesting.

(I just froze out again and I was onos. I don't know if that game was going to be recoverable... Speedy attack on their rts might have made it possible... [two onii = dead rts])
                        I remember that game. It was kinda funny, we hear an Onos approaching, 3 marines run out to meet it...and it freezes, the moment we get there.

But don't worry, the second Onos was still good enough to shift the momentum back towards the aliens. By the end of the game, I think we'd killed about 4 Onos, and there were 2 more eating our base. Yeah, aliens won that one.

Comment

I actually got in after the aliens aparently won back most of the map. I was around for the final assault of eclipse, but I think I missed the most fun part of the game.
                          remi.D

Comment

i will get highly agrivatted at times. one reason i don't comm much is i will totaly rage when we could be winning but people just wont go to where i tell them. they keep wanting to rambo around the map while a skulk eats the phase at the hive we are trying to siege.

When i start to get mad i usually just keep my finger of the voice key let the round finish and take a break.

Comment

I don't think I've ever raged playing NS, but I really had issues with StarCraft.

Those of you who have played that game will know how frustrating it is to spend 30 minutes in a game only to be beat by a lame strategy like carriers or something.

I remember a particular game, 2vs2 in Lost Temple, with random people. My partner was good but he really didn't do anything in the whole game, it was me who killed pretty much by myself both of our enemies. And since my partner hadn't really fought he had a great army, while mine was crippled after all that fighting. So, the enemies leave the game and I realize the "You Win" message ain't coming out, next thing i know is my ally is attacking me. Obviously I had a great disadvantage and had to take a loss, after I put a lot of effort in earning a victory.

Anyway, I dont play StarCraft since i got broadband, I rather do some NS or Day of Defeat.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X