NS 3.2 Constellation download

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS 3.2 Constellation download

Only CMs will be able to access the site, of course.

http://www.unknownworlds.com:90/ns/?action=notes

Constellation Notes

Constellation downloads

Watch this space for 3.2 Constellation Downloads.
    I have no idea how long it has said that. Could have been there for months for all I know. I just stumbled upon it.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: NS 3.2 Constellation download

It's been there for some time, and the public is testing the forum now. The site sent out an email to all registered members with the current login info. But only constellation people will have that in their notes.

[September 11th, 2006 ] :: Semi-public NS site test! (Flayra)

After far too long, the Natural Selection and Unknown Worlds sites are finally ready for wider testing. I never would've believed it if someone told me how long it was going to take, but it was a huge amount of work. We've been testing it with the Constellation members for a couple weeks and everything seems to be working well, so now we're ready to open it up to a wider audience.

Last night we opened up testing of the new NS website to members of the NS community. Namely, everyone who has signed up on the NS forums since the dawn of time (since we opened the forums in 2002). Those people (about 30,000 of them) have been e-mailed the location and password of the new site. It has uncovered some small problems so far but nothing major. Once we're confident that the site is ready for the public, you will see it here.

Shortly after launching the site to the public, we plan on announcing the first details of the next NS game, which will be writen for the Half-life II engine and be released for sale over Steam. We're starting to prototype some new ideas and we're getting excited. We can't wait to share them with you!
    Can't be long now.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Actually, having spent... years now... listening to "shortly"s and "soon"s that no one would reasonably measure as such in hindsight, I can't help but notice that it could still be "long now" before CMs see 3.2.

Or it could be tomorrow. And so we continue to wait.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Makes me wish that I spent the few bucks to be a CM... Man was I lazy, procrastination gets you every time.
        Oyee

Comment

To bad I can't remember my old log in name, much less which email account I used at the time....
          aka Roland tHTG

Comment

There wont be a 3.2 anytime in the near future. "Soon" is misleading, plus we all know that flayra is too wrapped up in his stupid suddoku game and mayber possibly thinking about NS:S (for like 5 seconds right before bed) to care about NS 3.2 right now.

Comment

How much are you willing to wager on that claim, Ferris?

Anyone anyone?

Bueller?

Comment

I base my estimate on the fact that the forums were supposed to be back up "soon" a year ago and they JUST came back. Not claiming 3.2 wont surprise us and pop up in the near future, but based on past claims vs performance, if it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, then chances are...

[ August 31st, 2005 ] :: Site coming soon, really (Flayra)

We are working away on making all the needed security enhancements to the site and are not far off now. These things always seem to take longer then anticipated, but we think we could have it back up in as soon as a week from today. We are working as much as we can on this, and we do appreciate your patience.

If you're looking for a place to download Natural Selection in the meantime, you can get it here (graciously provided by Ryan from NS Arms Lab). You might also get your fill of information about NS and game development from my personal blog.

See you again soon!
                [ August 23rd, 2005 ] :: Still down (Flayra)

As you can see, the site is still down and we're still working on getting everything back to normal. We apologize for the delay, and are doing everything we can to get the site back online as soon as possible. While you're waiting, why don't you check out the new release of our sister site, Readyroom.org!
                [ August 7th, 2005 ] :: Temporary site outage (Cagey)

We are going to be bringing down the website while we work to stamp out another hack attempt on the forums. There is no estimate for when the site will be back up, but it may be quite some time. We apologize for the inconvienence and hope to be back up and running soon. I will update this posting once a more definite schedule is in place.
                and then....
                [September 11th, 2006 ] :: Semi-public NS site test!
                So if it does come out in the near future, great, a pleasant surprise. If not, I wont say "I told you so", I promise.

Comment

Seeing that wyz had posted this, I was expecting 3.2 to be downloadable by constellation members.

You could have named it better.

And I think that 3.2 will be in constellation testing soon. Unless they are waiting for the BUS, in that case, it will be soon like it was for the fourms.
                  Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

You're killing me, puzl. Just killing me.

Comment

Everyone should know the Spaceballs quote that applies to this.

For those of you youngsters lacking the knowledge of Mel Brooks/John Candy films...
                      -- "When will then be now?"
                      -- "Soon!"

Comment

To quote Mel Brooks again:

As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes.

We can't give a 3.2 release schedule because we don't have one. All I am saying is that development is almost complete.

Comment

1-2-3-4-5?

Sounds like something an idiot would put on his luggage...

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Originally posted by puzl View Post
                            To quote Mel Brooks again:

As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes.

We can't give a 3.2 release schedule because we don't have one. All I am saying is that development is almost complete.
                            Does that mean that Nexis is almost done? Or is that pushed back yet again to 3.3 or 4.0?
                            Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

I'm fairly certain that nexus will not find its way into a release for quite some time. You are best forgetting about it until UWE reannounces it.
                              Steam Community: | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X