Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who don't know, the standard HLTV client 'joingame' console command, used when connected to tgns.tacticalgamer.com:27020, connects you to the game the proxy is broadcasting (TGNS, in our case). In my experience, it connects you faster than the 'connect' command (I'm guessing it skips the loading of stuff already loaded for your HLTV connection).

I recently tried to make the HLTV 'joingame' command more reliable (it would sometimes error). Have you guys noticed it working or failing lately? How reliable is it? I'm talking about the last week or two. Anything before that is pre-fix.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: feedback: HLTV 'joingame'

Joingame gives me errors MOST of the time.

Joinhltv seems to work MOST of the time.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

I'm concerned now only about 'joingame', not 'joinhltv' (many thanks, all the same).

Please copy/paste into this thread the 'joingame' error from your console next time you see it. Many thanks.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Well, now that I know the command exists, I shall definitely use it. And i'll post my success / failures / comments as they arrive.

Cool command though!

*** Note: Is it possible to cue people using Joingame within HLTV to join as soon as a spot's available?
        Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

I can broadcast a message to all players connected to HLTV. I don't think it's necessary. If you're paying attention, you go for it. If you're not, you miss out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
            I can broadcast a message to all players connected to HLTV. I don't think it's necessary. If you're paying attention, you go for it. If you're not, you miss out.
            I find that often when i try to use the joingame It gives me back "Joining game is not allowed at this time." So often i just do the connect, as i can get in due to my sm.
            Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
              Besides, sometimes people intentionally sit in HLTV to just watch, without intending to join. (For example, I do this sometimes when I take a break from the game to eat something.) Observers wouldn't want to be automatically redirected to the game server every time a player left.

Comment

Good call.

Comment

ahh, i see we have a mis-communication here.

Let me examplify myself:

1) Server is full, i join HLTV
                  2) I'm watching a facinating match involving Wyz's Electrification strat vs Adj the lerk
                  3) Ambriento has to leave the server due to his mom finishing supper
                  4) I type Joingame and I enter the server.

OR

1) Server is full, i join HLTV
                  2) I'm watching a facinating match involving Wyz's Electrification strat vs Adj the lerk
                  3) I type Joingame, and place myself in the cue of waiting HLTV players that wish to join the game and have TYPED joingame
                  4) Ambriento has to leave the server due to his mom finishing supper
                  5) Golem who was inline before me joins the server
                  6) Turb quits the server
                  7) I being first in line now, join the server

Does this clear up my idea of a waiting cue for joingame?

Comment

Sure, but two technical barriers prevent Step 7:

a) when you join the server, I can't determine whether or not you're connecting from HLTV
                    b) therefore, I can't maintain a 'queue' of 'waiting HLTV players' (Step 3)

Comment

But the HLTV server can tell who's left it, correct?
                      Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

HLTV keeps a list of playernames, but not SteamIDs, connected to it. Even if I could figure out how to access that list programatically from the plugins running on TGNS (no plugins run on the HLTV proxy), there's no solution for Kero's very valid point: half of the folks connected to the proxy could be AFK for all we know.

Comment

I see. The work is possible, but not worth it to fix a non existent problem.

Not a worry, I just seem to have a knack for suggesting idea's that would be really cool, but have no actual merit or value. As discovered today in group discussion when I brought up selling dogs in china... ask me over vent one day if you want the story.

Comment

I've spent many, many hours trying to figure out a way that players could join a priority-smart queue when waiting to join the full server. I've never come up with a solution that was user-friendly, administratively feasible, and technically possible.

Comment

Wyz, Wyz, he's our man.
                              If he can't do it, no one can!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse