chronologically ordered quotes of interest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chronologically ordered quotes of interest

Things change. People change minds. Goals evolve and schedules get interrupted. Beyond whatever accountability comes with saying something at all, my goal isn't to hang anything over anyone's head.

But I'll maintain in this thread's second post a chronologically ordered set of quotes that come from the game's personnel who really influence its direction and design.

Post anything you find, old or new, that has been stated publicly. If I think it's what I'm looking for, I'll add it to my second post and then delete yours. Otherwise, I'll simply delete yours and PM you the content back (in case you need it for something), explaining how/why it missed the mark.

If you leave any of the following bits out of a submission, it will not be included.
    • who said it
    • what he said
    • URL where he said it (post ns.com links that some can't get to today; the site won't be down forever)
    • timestamp of when he said it
    • optional: VERY short synopsis conveying context (don't do this unless it's truly necessary)
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: chronologically ordered quotes of interest
    • 2006-09-28
      • Flayra: We're definitely going to fix the lockdown problem for the next NS game and I hope we can smooth out the victory slope as well.
    • 2006-10-07
      • Flayra: If you were around for NS pre 1.0 days, you might remember something called the "NSTR". This was the Natural Selection Technology Release and it included a ns.wad, basic commander mode, our particle system, and our mapping guidelines. We released this to the public mapping community so you could get started making NS maps as early as possible, and so we could have some great maps to ship with the game when it was ready. The first order of business for the next NS game will be to release something similar so you guys can get busy.
        In the thread title, Flayra described this release as "upcoming".
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 10-08-2006, 03:54 PM.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X