need help testing plugin(s) this weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help testing plugin(s) this weekend

I need help testing this weekend. My schedule isn't nailed down, but I hope to start later tonight sometime.

If you'd like to help, please idle in Teamspeak (HL Engine channel) for as much of this weekend as you're able.

You'll learn what we're testing when we begin (I don't know yet), but understand that it's bug fixes, not new features, that I'm testing.

Many thanks to those who help out.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: need help testing plugin(s) this weekend

How about that bug wherein I die when I'm not supposed to (usually in a humiliating fashion)?

I'll be glad to donate some of my time this weekend :D
    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid View Post
      How about that bug wherein I die when I'm not supposed to (usually in a humiliating fashion)?

I'll be glad to donate some of my time this weekend :D
      I believe I am a victim of that bug 9 out of every 10 times I encounter a skulk.
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

I'll be happy to help if I'm around.
        aka Roland tHTG

Comment

I'll be testing for the next hour or more if people care to help (join TS).

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I will help when the next testing begians when every that is.
            Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

if it's not completed tonight, I'll be able to help out on sunday
              Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

The testing went great Friday night, and I'm very grateful to everyone who helped out. Everything finally worked just fine.

The two changes were to teamsnotify and resreturn. Both now perform their duties when players timeout (as opposed to cleanly disconnecting).

Comment

Did the plugin that delays team-joining by non-SMs get modified / removed? I saw ?'s joining teams as soon as the map loaded last night. It could be a residual from /captains?
                  Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

That was disabled, for about 24 hours, to see if it was somehow to blame for folks constantly getting Steam'd.

It's again enabled, as the effect continued after the restriction was disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                      That was disabled, for about 24 hours, to see if it was somehow to blame for folks constantly getting Steam'd.

It's again enabled, as the effect continued after the restriction was disabled.
                      Is amx_tagline and hltvsession also disabled, i can not seem to use them.
                      Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

They're disabled temporarily while I'm testing to see if it lessens the Steam'd effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                          I need help testing this weekend. My schedule isn't nailed down, but I hope to start later tonight sometime.

If you'd like to help, please idle in Teamspeak (HL Engine channel) for as much of this weekend as you're able.

You'll learn what we're testing when we begin (I don't know yet), but understand that it's bug fixes, not new features, that I'm testing.

Many thanks to those who help out.
                          I don't mind testing but I do not approve of an overuse of plugins in a server. It detracts from original NS gameplay. Giving admins too much power is just asking for trouble as well. For example: slapping some one around is all fun in games until each admin has to go through the "rough playing" spread out over a few days. I know TG is better than that, but even in the most prominent of other servers there has been problems.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonmog View Post
                            I don't mind testing but I do not approve of an overuse of plugins in a server. It detracts from original NS gameplay. Giving admins too much power is just asking for trouble as well. For example: slapping some one around is all fun in games until each admin has to go through the "rough playing" spread out over a few days. I know TG is better than that, but even in the most prominent of other servers there has been problems.
                            One of the core tenets of our coding is that we not affect core gameplay without a really spectacular reason. The list of plugins we're running is available on the tacticalwiki.
                            [volun2]
                            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Plus, all these plugins might cause cancer in gorges.
                              Last edited by Slayer of Hippies; 10-05-2006, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X