script to setup HLTV voice settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• script to setup HLTV voice settings

I was bored so I put this together... its fairly reliable, but the wait times need to be tuned to the load times of your computer. Ask if I need to elaborate.

Oh, it also connects you to the HLTV server, if that's not obvious in the code below.

Code:
    alias w5 "wait;wait;wait;wait;wait"
    alias w10 "w5;w5"
    alias w50 "w10;w10;w10;w10;w10"
    alias w100 "w50;w50"
    maxplayers 10
    ip localhost
    ip_hostport 27029
    sv_voicecodec voice_speex
    sv_voicequality 5
    map co_faceoff

// the following waits need to be modified for your computer's load time
    w100
    w100

disconnect
    w10
    connect tgns.tacticalgamer.com:27020
    Steam Community: | |

Re: script to setup HLTV voice settings

I failed to explain that the above needs to be put in a text file in your NS folder... I named mine joinhltv.cfg

When you start up NS, open the console and type: exec joinhltv.cfg

That should do it.

Comment

Sweet korm. For some reason when I hosting my own server and executed the command for these, it didn't work after then joining the server.

EDIT: It seems I'm not able to bind this to a key before I start a map, is there a way around this?
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Keybinds don't work from the menu, only while in game.

However, you could use an "alias" line in your config to create a simpler command line.

For example: alias hltv "exec joinhltv.cfg"
        would mean you only need to type "hltv" in your console to start the thing.

Comment

I dont think so. The alternative is to create a shortcut to ns(right click ns in my games, choose create desktop shortcut), then add +exec joinhltv.cfg to the end of the target in the shortcut properties.

Here's how my shortcut target reads:
          "C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 70 -game ns +exec joinhltv.cfg

Comment

Could I get some people to confirm that this does in fact work for them?... complete with hearing proper voice comm while on the HLTV server.

Comment

I actually just prefer going...

alias connect_tgns "connect tgns.tacticalgamer.com:27015" //not sure if this is right o.O
              alias +voiceloop "sv_voicecodec voice_speex; sv_voicequality 5; voice_loopback 1; +voicerecord"
              alias -voiceloop "voice_loopback 0; -voicerecord"
              bind ] +voiceloop
              bind ' connect_tgns

Don't you need to hear someone talk with the voice settings before they stick so you can join hltv?
              remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight View Post
                I actually just prefer going...

alias connect_tgns "connect tgns.tacticalgamer.com:27015" //not sure if this is right o.O
                alias +voiceloop "sv_voicecodec voice_speex; sv_voicequality 5; voice_loopback 1; +voicerecord"
                alias -voiceloop "voice_loopback 0; -voicerecord"
                bind ] +voiceloop
                bind ' connect_tgns

Don't you need to hear someone talk with the voice settings before they stick so you can join hltv?
                What makes it stick is being on a server with speex as the voice codec. No actual voice transmission needs to occur.

There are certainly other ways, but the point of my script is to make the process completely autonomous.

Comment

I actually put those sv_ commands into my listenserver.cfg file. I start up server of NS, then connect to HLTV and it works like a charm.
                  USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post
                    I actually put those sv_ commands into my listenserver.cfg file. I start up server of NS, then connect to HLTV and it works like a charm.
                    This is the technique I use. I'm quite fond of it. I select the map I'll be watching the demo (or HLTV Session) on, and it's off to the races.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi View Post
                      Could I get some people to confirm that this does in fact work for them?... complete with hearing proper voice comm while on the HLTV server.
                      I confirm that this works. Copied your script directly, no changes made.
                      Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi View Post
                        Works great.
                        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X