Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• world of Natrual Selection-craft

crazy idea

so checkit what if this server tg, had something of a "world" in which all players "lived" i.e. a large map that served as a home base, from where you could go to different training rooms, chill out with people, watch hltv and other sorts of things.
    It would be all setup as a large map of a space station sort of as a marine "home base"
    when you were offline you would be assumed to be in your "bunk" room and you would spawn there whenever you joined what would become the main TG ns server.
    From here you could walk all over the station, to do various different things like:
    - hanger with three ships in it, enterig a ship would switch you to one of the ns or (possibly in the future) combat maps
    There would be a firing range
    -Two Battle/practice rooms where perhaps there could be some interesting "mini-game'-esque like play of Steal the beacon tag or capture the flag (WITH JETPACKS OMG)
    -an "auditorium" which could reidrect you to hltv, for sessions or just to hang
    -armory + firing range + tempra-cranial target practice simulator
    -commons/mess hall, where people could sit and discuss things via text or voice chat
    -veterans bunks+lounge for donators

i doubt any of this is feasible in the least, but i think itd be awesome if this could be pulled off, ide also like to see something cool like this in NS:S or NS2

i think it would totally blow me away

Re: world of Natrual Selection-craft

Hrmm marine vrs marine or alien vrs alien capture the flag might be interesting

could still be resorce based for upgrades

Comment

So what, you're suggesting another NS server be hosted for the sole purpose of being a hangout place in a map with tons of weird plugins to make strange stuff happen?

Could be cool, but I'm sure it won't happen. An NS server for just that purpose while fun would be a waste.
      remi.D

Comment

I think what you're suggesting is a MMORPG version of NS, which sounds interesting. To me, the first logical step would be a system that stores your experience over time, allowing persistence in your character's development. Sounds like a great idea.
        Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Haha very subtle zib.
          remi.D

Comment

The idea of persisting data for players over time is brilliant.

BRILLIANT.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I've read that about 5 times and I still can't quite tell if you're being sarcastic or not, Wyzcrak. My guess is sarcasm wins.

Anyways... sounds like what you want here is an inflated version of the readyroom.
              -->HLTV Connection? Spectator mode or on TGNS, /hltvconnect
              -->Chatting peripherals/lounges? Press your 'y' (default?) button while in the readyroom.
              -->Practice for the game? Join the game.
              Not to be negative, but essentially you're looking at what could be done for a _new_ game's off/on-line design, not something that is broadcast over the STEAM system.

Comment

What I said is sincere. I'm a fan of persisting data for players over time.

That odor you smell is zib and I's "subtle" reference to an implementation of that concept that I once enabled on TGNS, by which players' CO XP was persisted from game to game.

As the link explains, it was called "XP Vault". To put it mildly, the implementation, if not the very principle, was very poorly received, and the modification was removed from the server.

So, when you hear someone making comment, usually when I'm in earshot, about a "vault" (or some similar "secure" "store"), often even when NS is in no way part of the conversation's context (haha), you can count on the fact that someone's taking a jab at me. :)
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Because that's what passes for humour around here.

WE'RE JUST WACKY THAT WAY!
                  Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

So it would be NSirc? :)
                    aka Roland tHTG

Comment

It all seems feasible to me except maybe the logging in and out. You could easily store it, but I don't know how you'd actually get a player to spawn at a hooked location.. Well.. solely with AMXX anyway.

Comment

well i suppose it could run just as a normal level and just certain doors instead of leading to other levels (i.e. Quake 1 and II) thered be coding that sent that redirected that person to an actual game server

http://fileanchor.com/66885.jpg

using this map as an example

-in the hangar each ship would redirect you to one of three servers (lalala i cant hear you) possibly with a one server restricted to dontaors and and normal players who want to spend points.

-the auditorium would redirect you to hltv

-and possibly such things as the practice/battle rooms might have to be their own levels/server entirely

i figure the admin room could lead to a wzard of ozz-like setup

Comment

I don't currently know of any in game features that can connect a person to another server, but it should be possible. In TFC adminmod was able to execute commands on the client so the connect command should go the same way. It is also possible to share information between servers and have them write to the same files, but problems can occur if you switch between them too quickly in terms of things overwritten and progress lost.

The only problem I see with persistent data in NS is what you would do with it. If you give existing upgrades/benefits you will be quite limited and if you add your own balancing issues may occur.

I'm not sure NS is really built for something like war3mod in CS.

Comment

As long as we don't have to pay $15 a month im all for it.

Comment

So here it is.

In the original CS there was a system that allowed you to purchase upgrades that had to do with Warcraft (IE: Lightning Bolt, Entangling Roots, Trueshot Aura, etc). Each ability/upgrade added more damage to your weapon, stalled the enemy for a moment, or etc.

We develop an xp system that revolves around co_ that allows you to do certain things in game that you normally couldn't do. Inside that xp system, you need to develop certain xp amounts for certain levels. For instance, a person as completely leet as me could be level 3 compared to Golem, being how much he sucks at the game, could be level 1. If Golem were to kill me (by the hand of God or some other impossible miracle), then he would gain experience consistant with my level.

Say we start at level 1, to reach level 2 you need to gain 2000 experience points. We extend the co_ game time to about half an hour, and give everyone maybe 100 points per kill of the same level (Level 1 killing a level 1 = 100 points) then we make it consecutive. (Level 1 killing a level 2 gains 200 points).

Now we've developed an xp system. We develop a maximum level, and then change the 100's to 50's or etc. (If the highest level is 10, the maximum amount of xp you can gain from a kill is 500, where a level 1 killing a level 1 nets 50 xp, etc). (I do note that we should make the maximum level upwards of 30 or so so it doesn't get boring too fast).

Now, all we have to do is develop skills/abilities. Maybe we could take a few of the /menu (xmenu) abilities and make the purchasable at level 5 for a certain amount of experience. Say 5000 gets you cybernetics level 5.

Then, all we have to do is find a modder to make the mod for us, and we've got ourselves a more desirable combat game.

Thoughts?

This is extremely rough, and would take a lot more planning, but it's defiantely a start

-Mom
                              Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X