Headsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headsets

I decided I wanted a mic tonight, so I went out and got one only to test it in HL and have the sound quality absolutely blow. I got a suggestion from Aero awhile ago but figured I'd post here aswell as two (three) heads are better than one. I'm not interested in mics or headphones - I want the device to move with me.

What headset (if any) do you use and love?

Re: Headsets

Thank you. Really.

I've got some POS Logitech that came with change-outable side plate things.... different colors... I threw them away (the colored things). Anyway, the moral of the story is that, if you get something home and hate it, give it a while. It might work with time. I hated this thing when I got it home, but it doesn't suck enough to go buy another one.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Plantronics version...60 or something. Its only about 20 bucks now, and offers great sound for the price, for both microphone and speakers. I just wish I could remember the official name. Comfortable to wear, too.

Edit: Aw, DISCONTINUED!!! I better make sure this one doesn't break then. Here's a picture of it though.

Picture

Comment

I was strapped for cash, and was sick of the cheapo $30 headsets from Staples. I found a deal on newegg for these: SENNHEISER PC 150. Needless to say, I am 100% satisfied with these. Excellent bass, crisp sound, and extremely comfortable. But, with the extra long cord (maybe 9 feet or so), I find myself sometimes tangled in it. Maybe I just get to involved with the game, I don't know...
        birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Free Headsets!
          Steam Community: | |

Comment

I love my sennheiser 160's to freaking death. They take a severe beating, sound qualtiy is great, mic is great. I'm very VERY happy I bought them. I've had them for 3 years now.

Seriously, I'm hoping they break so I can purchase another pair, but that doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.
            USAR

Comment

I use a pair of Sony MDR-V150 headphones. Considering I've got some kids that just love to play with daddy's toys when he's not around, they might be too expensive. ;)
              aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Newegg had some complaints about the sennheisers being uncomfortable with glasses - would anyone be able to confirm or deny that?

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post
                  I love my sennheiser 160's to freaking death. They take a severe beating, sound qualtiy is great, mic is great. I'm very VERY happy I bought them. I've had them for 3 years now.

Seriously, I'm hoping they break so I can purchase another pair, but that doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.
                  Squeak, is right I have the sennheiser 165's and love them. Head on over to newegg and check them out.
                  [TG] Rideau

Comment

I wear glasses, and they are fine for my head. Note: They were a little "tight" at first, but you can stretch them out. They are uber.
                    USAR

Comment

Do you have an abnormally small head?

=P No seriously, thanks for the help guys. I'll be watching this thread for awhile to see if there's any new revelations, but I feel much better informed now. TYVM.

Comment

The kid has busted two pair of headsets for me. Cheapo Logitecs, to be sure - but busted nonetheless.
                        Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X