X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aliens turn 0hive into win

ok, so the time of the game ending was alittle bit before 11pm eastern
    map was ns_ayumi
    I was comm (why does this stuff always happen to me :P)
    lost set it as an HLTV session
    and I do believe there was no balancing issues this time I hope.

Before I get started on what I have to say, wyz or any admin, if you can pm me a link (or if you feel its worthy, post it), I will love you long time.

Ok, so let me describe the situation. We have basically total control of the map, second hive is going up in AE, but who cares, we are in good position to takedown coldturn hive (forgot name). we get the phase, beacon, I throw down the shotties, take down the lifeforms, take down the hive, game over. all we gotta do is kill the unbuilt hive.

I notice that while taking down the hive, we lost most of our res nodes. no biggy, i aleady had most of the tech I wanted upgraded.. and afterall... its game over, right? I relax, thinking another game well done and im about to go to bed so I can stay awake for my morning mechanics&dynamics of machines class.

We get the phase down, I throw a few more guns, beacon, I say shoot the hive, my work is done, I stop paying attention. biggest mistake ever.

If there is one thing I learned from this game, on TGNS server, its not over till every alien is dead, the hives are down, and the alien corpses are shot again for good measure.

Hive goes up, more the half the team is just jumping around in victory thinking the hive is finished, next thing I know, phase is down. all cash inflow, gone.. but I have cash in the coffers. I beacon, blow it all, and try to finish it. But the gorges were already up... the hive was full... no hope.

it was like starting the game all over again, yes, we may have had some tech, but its useless without cash. Aliens were behind, but only for a little while as they completed took all the cash with the insta boost they got for all the rfk.

Hive after hive was killed, but onoses and fades quickly cleared them out. Even when marines started being more conservative, far too little income was coming in to support an anti-onos offensive.

So, why did I just fill your screen with this post? Mainly, because this was an embarassment. The game was over and we lost. My god is TGNS good :D
    I am a n00b. If I beat you, it must be a mistake.

Re: aliens turn 0hive into win

Res > Skill TBH.

Comment

Too true.
      Lost too many games because of overlooked res control.

Comment

That was never the problem.

Shroud just would never lock-down or finish a hive area off after the hive went down, and went with mass weapons and shotty rushes instead of full heavy teams. While we probly ended up killing... 3+ hives as they went up and down and up and down i'd realllly like to know what the aliens were saying as well if any admin could PM me / tell me who to PM to get this i'd be greatfull

Shourd needs to learn to see things though :)

Comment

Shroud, just from reading that I see two great failures...
          The first being you let a second hive going up thinking you could take it down. The game gets very unsure when aliens get a second hive. If you know the second hive is going up you have to act... Or hold everywhere else, keep teching, and keep res control.
          The second is res control, wether game is over or not you can not afford to lose res control. The entire game can turn around due to that if the aliens are persistent enough.
          remi.D

Comment

That was a very intense game. It was me who hltvsession that game, it was one of the best games I have played in a long time.

We got for upgrades mcs -> mcs -> dcs It was crazy, the marines siegeing AE35 from gorge's hideout, the heavy trains into hama, the endless stream of marines into the hive rooms.
            Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Remember, if you want a demo of a good game, you'll have to PM me or another admin with the date\time\map and any other relevant info.
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Marines lose so many games as a result of being in too much of a hurry to win. As long as the aliens are fighting back you can't afford to be careless. You can spare one or two people to run around taking care of your nodes, and you can afford to take a little extra time killing unbuilt hives before they finish rather than going for the killing blow on the original one. 90% of alien comebacks are because marines are too entrenched in the endgame mentality to realize that their advantages are falling apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Donat View Post
                  That was never the problem.

Shroud just would never lock-down or finish a hive area off after the hive went down, and went with mass weapons and shotty rushes instead of full heavy teams. While we probly ended up killing... 3+ hives as they went up and down and up and down i'd realllly like to know what the aliens were saying as well if any admin could PM me / tell me who to PM to get this i'd be greatfull

Shourd needs to learn to see things though :)

The mentality should be "I don't need to lock the hive because they can't afford to keep putting them back up." -- ergo, res was likely the problem.

Comment

For the record, I dropped three hives and went Onos once that game. Just myself, amongst numerous res nodes and chambers.

And actually, we lost our original hive to a full-on heavy train after three or so second hives had been gunned down before completion. The only thing that kept us in the game was being doggedly persistent in constantly throwing up new hives when time and time again they were gunned down before we could get them up. The marines dominated the game from the get-go, and I'll freely admit that without Bruce Willis we never would've turned the tide.

If the marines had eased off on the hives and hit the res nodes harder we wouldn't have been able to keep putting things back up. As we kept losing hives there was always someone running off to drop a new one the instant the old one fell, the coordination that came together in the end was pretty impressive.

Comment

Anyways I was there (on the marines, goes to show you all how skilled I am ahahahah), and it was a great game. I had a lot of fun with it, and was suprised to see that the aliens won. I commend shroud for sticking in there when the going got tough, and also...uhh, yeah good job aliens. I also liked walking around as a heavy and seiging gorges hideout, and shotty rushing the hives repeatedly. nothing beats killing an endless horde of skulks, until you finally die because there are too many of them. Anyways that was the most fun ive had on NS yet.

didn't think it would make it on the forum, but hey, thats cool to
                      Natural Selection name: Fodderkill. Why Fodderkill? Well, its because im so easy to kill hahaha!
                      "Why don't Fades ever die?"
                      -Universal question almost all new players ask at some point, even if they n ever say it.

Forum name: Fat B Man
                      Ingame name: Fodderkill

Just call me Fodder on TS or whatever

Comment

Originally posted by Zek View Post
                        [Lots] of alien comebacks are because marines are too entrenched in the endgame mentality to realize that their advantages are falling apart.
                        I edited out the statistic to avoid us getting lost in minutia, but that statement is so true. You've all seen me "drag a game out". I'm human and imperfect just like the next guy. But I remain committed to my claim that my end-game, which often takes longer than the aliens prefer, is a conditioned response to the very real threat that many Commanders allow to go unchecked too long.
                        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The major problem I had with that game was not locking down the hives. It would have been very very easy to have one person stay at a hive we had just shot down and build a TF and a few turrets. God knows that when we rushed the "last" hive about 1/4 of the way into the game, we had plenty of res (every node on the map with the exception of the hive node). Also, its a lot tougher to do a heavy train when we only have 3-4 heavies at a time on a team of 8. Shroud did a very good comming job, and i'm sure that I couldnt have done as well, but there were places where we should have done some things that we didnt.

Comment

is this game available for download yet? (did i miss it?)
                            Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

acutaly, you just have to PM an admin and not post, i think i might ask soon

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X