Laggy Teleporting players...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laggy Teleporting players...

Is there anything that can be done about them? If there rates don't yield the !.

Re: Laggy Teleporting players...

BURN THEM!

Comment

Send a private message to any NS admin with your concerns.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

And then burn them?
        Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Lag, one of the misfortunes of playing any game online. I don't like teleporting only to kill the person standing there before me and to pick up a shotgun and no ammo in a highly contested area.

I'd say our best bet is to unleash Slayer of Hippies on them with a mad flamethrower device. We'd get him riled up with the fresh sent of hippie meat. :)

-Sirusblk

Comment

build a bridge out of em!

Comment

I think I know where this is comming from. There was a teleporty (o.O) guy in the server the other day who was playing really well (read poning everyone), but he was impossible to hit. I think in a situation like this, you ask them to fix it (ie close their downloads or w/e). If they don't fix it, tell them to fix it. If they don't fix it, kick/tell them if they need help fixing to come to the forums.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

You just told us to kick someone. And so I want to know: what rule do you cite?
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Laggy players are heavier than ducks? That's a rule, right?
                  Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                    You just told us to kick someone. And so I want to know: what rule do you cite?
                    For the rule:
                    "Cheating: Do it, and be banned. Cheating includes but is not limited to any and all methods of gaining knowledge of actions and plans of the other team, including wallhacks and collusion over Ventrilo/Teamspeak."

For the essence thereof (quoted from primer thread, so in small font):
                    "1) Create an environment conducive for mature gamers to enjoy the games they play without the everyday interference from the less-than-mature gamers.
                    2) Create an environment where there was mutual respect for your fellow gamers and where all members would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
                    3) Within the framework of the above two items, create a cohesive gaming community that consistently uses teamwork, communication, strategy and tactics to enhance everyone's enjoyment of Natural Selection.
                    4) Focus on the intentions of the game design inside the boundaries of strategy and tactics that define Tactical Gamer as opposed to the crutches leveraged by some flaws in game mechanics."

To me, those guidelines say that intentional [READ: intentional] use, refusal of fixing, or abuse of connection setups that disrupt the server's play breaks the rules and hence ruins the mature, strategic environment that TGNS is supposed to be known for.

Generally, unintentional connection problems can be spotted normally by the person's spiking, freeze-warping, or overall poor show of ability (0 kills, anyone?) and possibly even their admittal that there is a problem they cannot [i][read: cannot, not will not]fix at the time being.

Comment

And how do we know it's intentional (forgive me if I missed something prior)?
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Them taking no action to fix the fact they are teleporting, while may not be considered intentional, is not condusive to, well, "good" gameplay.

Comment

I know in my case at least I might get a little teleporty because of massive choke I get from my crappy college internet. That is something I actually can't fix.

On the other hand, I completely understand how annoying it is... heh, if they're a '?' just try to find another reason to gb them. :P
                          remi.D

Comment

Well Wyzcrak, the bottom of my previous post answers your question. Essentially, if they don't respond, then it could be deemed intentional (allow for latency differences, remember).

Back when 2frag still had NS running, we had a policy that if you were warping and did not respond to 5 tries at contacting within 5 minutes (voice, chat, psay, etc.), you were kicked with the appropriate explanation. We had one regular that probably averaged 800 ping and had some warping issues, but since they truly were unable to fix it (satellite internet up near some lake in Canada), we had no issues.

Comment

Well that constitutes a failure to communicate, and a gb.

PS: Hippie meat actually has a calming effect on me. As long as it's definitely dead. If it's questionably dead or clearly not dead, then all bets are off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X