X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eR vs. pandas comm demo

if you're interested, check it out at
    http://www.ampednews.com/?page=demos&id=307

pandas > eR, which is sort of an upset considering pandas started the season late, and eR were last season's champions. It also means pandas vs. the undefeated Exigent for the finals, looks like a good game :)

Re: eR vs. pandas comm demo

These tapes dont show you much, I have watched them in the past. They dont do anything special but show you how good each player is at aiming. and or scripting.

You can actually learn more for middle of the road teams, they try different things all the time.

Comment

watch, and then post plz.

Comment

Scripting is auto-skillz omg h4x.

What scripts do you think the pandas run?

Notice almost none of the kills are pistol kills.

Comment

Sas, please change your avatar. Every time I read a message from you, I think H4x is back. :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Nothing, there are a tone of scrips out there, not just pistol scrips.

Comment

where do i put this with steam to view the demo?

Comment

The leap\bit - blink\swipe with 1 button is a script that needs to be removed fast...

Then again I use a jump\duck script.. it doesnt really give me that much of an advantage (not like those other 2 scripts I mentioned), but hey whatever.

I thought CAL and all of them banned any and all types of scripts from play? Or was that just for CS?

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                  Nothing, there are a tone of scrips out there, not just pistol scrips.
                  What one's do you think the pandas use?

There's a script for a faster lastinv
                  There's a script for blink, and you hit a button, it switches to blink, blinks for you and then when you let go it will switch to swipe, after which you swipe normaly, and blink away with the button.
                  There's a similiar script for leap.
                  There's the infamous pistol script.
                  and there's a bunny hopping script, to name a few of the most common.

Scripts give an advantage over the public player. the PUBLIC player. The fact that these people use scripts dosn't make them any less of a good team. They are still good players individualy as well. Most people I talk to about scripts say to me "I'd do it too if I could". If you put them on a server, disabeled scripts on the server, they'd still be amazing. Scripts aren't auto-skills. They aren't aimbots, they aren't speed hacks. They aren't anything special. They are commands that the game allows you to input. The fact that they are on a .cfg document has nothing to do with it, you could still put them into console every time if you wanted to.

alias "jumper" "+jump; wait; -jump; wait; +jump; wait; -jump; +jump; wait; -jump; +jump; wait; -jump"
                  alias "hop" "jumper; jumper; jumper; jumper; jumper"
                  bind "space" "hop"

That's a bunny hoping script. EVIL EVIL OMG. But wait, look. Those are commands that everyone can use. Everyone can put +jump in their console and they'll jump.

You can't tell me that the only reason pandas are good is because they script.

Put the demo in your nsp folder jackel.
                  Last edited by NothingMore.; 04-05-2004, 02:01 AM.

Comment

honestly scripts are more trouble than they're worth.

pistol scripting is only useful in VERY limited situations.

guess what guys, while the script executes, YOU CAN'T INPUT ANY COMMANDS. Know what that means? with a bunnyhopping script you CAN'T ATTACK until it finishes all the jumps. With the pistol script you can't jump or dodge or do anything until you finish your attacks, and IF YOU TRY during the script, the script will execute poorly. It will actually be slower than firing the pistol through just clicking. i'd like to see one of you guys try to do stuff with scripts, and i'll laugh when you can't even jump while blink/swiping after it causes you to totally run out of adren. Because guys, that's what it does.

scripts are totally legal btw for cal. And guess what, most of them aren't useful at all...

Leap/bite scripts aren't useful either, because it'll make you bite early or too late. Guess what, when that guy leap/bites you, it's skill. not a script.

oh yeah, put the demo in your steam/steamapps/halflife/nsp folder, and type playdemo whatever.dem substituting whatever with the demo name.

Comment

lol you two are acting just like clan players, and the comment about the bunnyhopping script is false.

There is a difference between player skill and scripting skill. You cant really mess up BHing while scripting then again you can while manually doing it.

Lets not go there guys, Scripting is wrong and most know it, atleast they should. Only ones that defend it use it. Pandas, Cri and those alike are not good just because of this, it does help though.

Comment

You press and hold a button, you leap\blink, then when you let go of it you bite\swipe. How exactly is that not giving you an advantage?

I was actually going to bring this up to wyz on what TGNS's stance is on these types of scripts, but I never did.

Comment

Didn't say it didn't. Read.
                          I don't fade script. I still, or I used to, fade really well, recently I suck =P. I can blink, swipe you, while in the air, and blink again. It's not hard. Scripts make it less manualy tasking =P.
                          Last edited by NothingMore.; 04-05-2004, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Sure, scripts are good for the game.

And steriods are good for sports.

And having a 3rd arm grafted on so you can use more controls is good too..

Where does it end?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                              And having a 3rd arm grafted on so you can use more controls is good too..

Where does it end?
                              Well MY 3rd arm ends in a hand. Where does yours end?

Does anyone have any coments that are actually in relation to the demo as opposed to the never ending scripting topic?
                              Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X