Bans and the forums

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bans and the forums

I may be crossing the line, but I think maybe we should make a sticky for this forum that addresses what to do about bans. I think people will stop posting here if they are banned if we made a sticky that told them exactly how to react or atleast directed them to the proper way to handle the situation.

I realize that there is a proper way to handle the situation, but without people seeing it directly, their first impression will be to post a new thread about it.

Atleast that's my opinion.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Bans and the forums

The sticky is in NS's "Official Rules..." forum, here. The idea being (I think) that when people register after a ban they'll click on "Natural-Selection" and then, instead of going straight here they might try and find out what rules they broke by heading to that forum. However, people who get banned are rarely that rational, it seems.

Comment

Yermo, as many times as i've banned you you'd think you'd figure it out by now. :P

Comment

Mom, you do yourself a disservice as a regular by not knowing that there's a stickied thread in the Rules and Announcements forum addressing just this.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
          Mom, you do yourself a disservice as a regular by not knowing that there's a stickied thread in the Rules and Announcements forum addressing just this.
          lol owned

Comment

i think the point that hes trying to make is that when someone gets banned theyre looking for a "banned" forum and when they dont see one, they just go to general discussion. now as to whether or not its necessary to link it, i dont know, but I can see where people would get jumpy and skip the rules and announcements forum.

Comment

Exactly. Maybe I just type stupid?

-Mom
              Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

NEVER EVER call me.
                Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

If people who are banned don't even take the time to read the rules and announcements to at least find out (if they have NO idea) what they did wrong and therefore by reading them finding the correct way to deal with the ban, do you really want to play with these people anyway? This is really a non-issue.
                  --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Of course it's a non-issue.

I'm simply addressing the fact that it's getting very redundant. I see atleast one thread a week (estimate) dealing with "I'm banned, what now?"

I figure it'd be easier just to make a sticky that's labeled "I'm banned, what now?" and link it to the Rules and Announcements.

Just my .02.

Don't overcomplicate this, please.

-Mom
                    Yer Mom /O>

Comment

Suffice it to say, Mom, that the administration likes the bar set right where it is. It's as easy for folks as we want it to be.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

There is a sticky that says "I'm banned, what now?" It's in the Official RULES and Announcements forums.
                        --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom View Post
                          Of course it's a non-issue.

I'm simply addressing the fact that it's getting very redundant. I see atleast one thread a week (estimate) dealing with "I'm banned, what now?"

I figure it'd be easier just to make a sticky that's labeled "I'm banned, what now?" and link it to the Rules and Announcements.
                          I chalk this up more to the quality of the player himself than the lack of quality in our forum structure.
                          [volun2]
                          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

yeah all the for real for real peeps know whatsup, they're also the people i see getting banned least often so i guess i dont feel like its too much of a problem

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X