HLSS in NS trouble.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HLSS in NS trouble.

Hey i went to use HLSS and when i went to look for the mod in steam apps i could not find it. I have cs and dod and all the other ones but NS is not listed in Steam apps. How do i link this to HLSS?

Also does anyone know any good wave websites? I was looking one with a forum or a search engine so i could find some rare sound clips i was thinking of....

Re: HLSS in NS trouble.

I need k/o/w to post the artist name and song for the little bit he plays. I WANTS THAT SONG MY PRECIOUSSSS.

It was originally "Funky Little Beat" by "Connie" who seems to be part of a whole "Debbie Deb" "Trienea" thing - but what he plays is a remix and it's the remix that counts. The original is bland 80s fop.

Comment

You can use Winamp to make wavs. Just go to Options > Preferences, click Output under the Plug-ins section, choose Nullsoft Disk Writer, and click Configure. Check "Convert to format" and set it to PCM, 8 khz, 16 bit, Mono. Choose "Force WAV file" in the dropdown menu. Then go back to Winamp and play the file and it will convert it into a wav in the location you specified. After that you can just choose Nullsoft or DirectSound to switch between recording and playing and it will save the settings.

Comment

oh well i still dont know how to connect HLSS to NS. I can do it with CS or DOD but for some reason NS does not have a directory folder under my user name....

Comment

Originally posted by RoseMarysBaby
          oh well i still dont know how to connect HLSS to NS. I can do it with CS or DOD but for some reason NS does not have a directory folder under my user name....
          select "other" and put in "nsp"..

Comment

Originally posted by I'm with stupid
            I need k/o/w to post the artist name and song for the little bit he plays. I WANTS THAT SONG MY PRECIOUSSSS.

It was originally "Funky Little Beat" by "Connie" who seems to be part of a whole "Debbie Deb" "Trienea" thing - but what he plays is a remix and it's the remix that counts. The original is bland 80s fop.
            I was playing Funky Town by Lipps Inc.

Comment

DANKE!

It does have the same hook as "Funky Little Beat" just a lot better *actual* beat.

Comment

I've got HLSS working, but for some reason I can only use a single WAV file (the first one I setup).... I have others listed in HLSS, with hotkeys that do not conflict with any in-game keys. All WAV files were correctly formatted (8Khz, 16bit, mono)...

I push a key for the other WAV files and the in-game HLSS status bar says 'loading XYZ.wav' but nothing ever plays. The first one I created plays just fine.

I have my buffer set to the 2mb max to cover my bases, but still nothing.

Can anyone help?
                |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Comment

I seem to be having trouble with this program as well, I've heard other people have had this too but only in certain mods. The longer a sound plays the more garbled it gets, and it only takes between 5 and 10 seconds before it's no longer recognizable. I've played the sounds outside of half life and they're rougher than the originals but not anywhere near sounding like the noise the game is spilling out. Is there a console command that controls how the microphone file input is filtered? I've tried turning the buffer size way up to no avail. I've been creating my sounds in Winamp with the proper quality and everything. Doing it in sound recorder instead didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Comment

ive had the same problem in hlss but i found the solution. what i used 2 do was after i add a song in hlss id make a server and play it just to test it out and it sounded horrible later on i relized it depends on the server. i joined a really good server for sounds io guess cause it sounded perfect. so in other words it depends on the server ur on that determines the quality of the sound

Comment

my hlss doesn't work in ns...

it's really pissing me off!

i've set it all up as it should be, but it just doesn't play the sounds in-game!

ins and del do what they're supposed to, but no sound comes out!

(this should have nothing to do with the format of the wav files as for testing i'm using ones included with hlss that i d/led)

what should i have in the games directory field? i hae it going to my setam halflife folder atm, and i think that's right....

could some1 pls tell me all their setting for hlss with ns pls?

Comment

in fact, having looked somewhat more closely at it, playing the sound is the ONLY thing its not doing...

in my steam hl folder, there's the file 'voice_input' and it consists of the wav i'm trying to play... so its getting as far as making the input file, yet doesn't seem to be able to get it to the game! :/

Comment

move that file to the nsp folder..

Comment

ha yes, thanks, ofc, stupid mistake, dw bout it!

love ya! :P

Comment

I'm glad to see you found a solution. :)

How did you find our forums? Have you played on our NS server, or did you get here from a link online? Google, maybe?
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X