Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.2 Sneak Preview

Posted by puzl, from http://www.unknownworlds.com:90/foru...howtopic=98126

All of the information detailed in this preview is subject to change.

Gameplay Changes

* "Ghost" placement model for marine structures:
    o When a marine structure is first placed by the commander, it will be a ghost structure.
    o A ghost structure is partially transparent (but still solid) and will be immediately recycled if touched by an alien player returning 90% of the structure cost.
    o A ghost structure can be attacked and damaged without triggering an immediate recycle.
    o The commander can choose to recycle a ghost structure in the same manner as an unbuilt structure.
    o When a marine player starts to build a ghost structure, it will turn into a normal unbuilt structure.
    * When redemption chooses a destination hive, it will not choose a hive under attack unless no other active hive is available.
    * Removed telefragging by adding pushback to IPs and PGs.

User Interface and Game Asset Improvements

* Updated HUD icons to more clearly indicate the level of marine weapon and armor upgrades.
    * The minimap can now be displayed during the pregame.
    * Hive sight HUD text:
    o Added transparency effect: the farther from the center of the screen the HUD text is, the more transparent it will be.
    o Added cl_labelhivesight cvar (default 1) to allow players to disable hive sight labels on the alien HUD.
    * Modified the hitboxes of certain structures to more closely match their visual counterpart.

Bugfixes

* Fixed commander keyboard scrolling ( +scrollleft, +scrollright, +scrollup and +scrolldown ).
    * Heavy armour and jetpack are now visible in the readyroom.
    * Fixed bug where the commander didn't see an accurate representation of alien health.
    * Fixed a bug where the lerk flight animation did not play with the crouch key held down.
    * Fixed a bug where some alien attack animations didn't play when the attacking alien was crouched.
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Re: 3.2 Sneak Preview

Originally posted by [url=http://www.unknownworlds.com:90/forums/index.php?showtopic=98128&st=0&gopid=1569974&#entr y1569974]puzl[/url]
    These changes are now public information, though I would hope that you might also relay that they are subject to change
    Great to see the NS devs sharing information.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Gameplay Changes

* "Ghost" placement model for marine structures:
      Sam officially approves of this change. Godspeed young spirit!

Anyways, its always good to hear that 3.2 is coming closer to release.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
        Sam officially approves of this change. Godspeed young spirit!
        Yea, I really love that one
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

I shall never be RT blocked by Wyz again!
          remi.D

Comment

I don't know if I like this ghost structure change. I see how it is a counter to structure blocking, but I don't see how this is really a change for the better.

Comment

Its not just a counter to blocking, its also a counter to the FAR more annoying practice of trapping.

We have a server rule that says you cant trap, but theres no game mechanic (so far) that stops it. Trapping a fleeing lifeform in the middle of combat is a huge problem on most other servers, and Ghosting neatly solves it. Losing the (questionable) ability to RT block is a small price to pay in my opinion.

Comment

I'm very pleased to see node blocking made impossible. As I trust this change will be included in 3.2 (it's not guaranteed, per puzl's words), I'm done using it in 3.1, as my only reason for doing so was to make people very aware of the perversion it is to NS gameplay.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Lost left these images out of his post.

I don't know about the siege, but if those changes to the rt hitbox make it so skulks chomping rts are actually killable, I'll be quite pleased.

wyzedit: AdBlock blocks the images. If you don't see the images, modify AdBlock accordingly.
                  Last edited by Wyzcrak; 10-15-2006, 02:05 AM.
                  Steam Community: | |

Comment

The RT hitboxes are very noticed during gameplay. You really are a more exposed target when you're chewing on a node. It helps give the marines a little more stability in the mid-game.

Comment

I'd have to say that those hit boxes are really tantalizing...

That and the minimap for the pregame. I still consider myself a newb when it comes to map layout, and it's frustrating when I'm told to go someplace as soon as the match starts and not being able to see where that is...

-Sirusblk

Comment

I just thought of something, could the new hitboxes on the RT spell disaster for more than one skulk chewing on the node at once with FF on? I'm always extremely self concious about that. Plus I wonder if their mouth reaches that high from the ground. It would be funny but annoying to see a bunch of skulks jumping and chomping on an RT

-Sirusblk

Comment

--Chew on a leg
                          --Climb up the side of the RT

Comment

holy crap. pregame minimap. being able to disable hivesight popups. the end of structure blocking. commander can ACTUALLY SEE HOW MUCH LIFE THE ONOS HAS! NO MORE TELEFRAGGING!!!! OMFG GET ME NEW PONCE NOW CAUSE MY OLD ONES ARE DIRTEH!!!!!
                            Now when's the freaking release date so we can all spend hours trying to break the new version?

Comment

Well I'll be interested to see if the "ghost" structers instantly vaporised on tutch or just go away within a few secs time of being tutched. It says their transparent but 'solid'. Since you get 90% back i really hope aliens can just blaze though them and they disapear instead of just having a small time where the alien actualy has to HIT it stoping their locomotion and the commander gets all 90% back. Since you get 90% that is alot more to drop... Just when an alien is running though.

I must say, its looking good. :) no more telefraging will be interesting to see if it doesn't mess up gameplay or the ultimite solution (Pushback isn't fun some times, they have had it on PGs as a mod on other servers, the aliens could never kill it because some one would phase in and all the aliens would fly back.) So its gonna be interesting,

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X