Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why drop only 2 MC?

Is this the latest fad?

Mabey I missed the article in this weeks star magazine, but it really irritates me when someone gorges right at the start and drops only 2 MC.

Does anyone else fall victim to the wrath of (?) Players regularly?

Re: Why drop only 2 MC?

Its better to have fast upgrades. 2 chambers is sufficient enough and makes early lerks and dangerous skulks. Besides, the third MC can be dropped by an rt-chamber gorge if there is one.
    [negative]

Comment

I've wondered the same thing.

Usually when I'd call chambers, I'd skulk until I had about ~33 res. I'd then go gorge in our soon to be 2nd hive and drop the first chamber, movement to the hive and drop the other two, without having to wait an eternity for the last mc.

But often, <2 minutes into the game folks started complaining that we STILL don't have chambers up yet...
      aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Yeah, heres my problem with the situation, and everyone needs to listen up. People need to decide how they want to play and kinda stick to it. In a thread quite some time back, right when I started playing here, I outlined my strategy which was to instagorge, drop one chamber, the second as soon as i got the next 5 res and just stay useless gorge until i had res for the third. People pretty much universally decided that they didnt like my strat. I then modified it based on peoples opinion to dropping 2 chambers at 30 res and then saving for the third. Worked for a while.
        Now it seems that no matter what I do, or whoever else is dropping chambers, it doesnt seem to be up to snuff for a few people. If they go up right away, it takes too long for the third. If they wait til they have 30 res to gorge, its too long without upgrades. I can understand if no chambers are down by the 3:00 mark being a little on edge about it. But I'd like to stop hearing people complaining about chambers in half of that time. Either that or start dropping them yourself.

Comment

Seems like an easy situation to me. People who ask for things beyond current resource availibility can have a Coke and/or a smile. If the money's not there, it's not there. It's not like you're spending it on anything else!

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
            Yeah, heres my problem with the situation, and everyone needs to listen up. People need to decide how they want to play and kinda stick to it. In a thread quite some time back, right when I started playing here, I outlined my strategy which was to instagorge, drop one chamber, the second as soon as i got the next 5 res and just stay useless gorge until i had res for the third. People pretty much universally decided that they didnt like my strat. I then modified it based on peoples opinion to dropping 2 chambers at 30 res and then saving for the third. Worked for a while.
            Now it seems that no matter what I do, or whoever else is dropping chambers, it doesnt seem to be up to snuff for a few people. If they go up right away, it takes too long for the third. If they wait til they have 30 res to gorge, its too long without upgrades. I can understand if no chambers are down by the 3:00 mark being a little on edge about it. But I'd like to stop hearing people complaining about chambers in half of that time. Either that or start dropping them yourself.
            I always get chambers when i play here =p AFterwards I usually skulk until the second hive.

Early in the game, I stay skulk and try to get ~2 kills as fast as possible before I put 2 chambers down. If I can't, I just go ahead and drop one while I wait on res for the second and have another person drop the third. But, if my team is doing super good on res, I usually stay gorge a little longer to get the third one down.
            [negative]

Comment

Lerks are easily killed early on without 2 MCs worth of celerity. They need it around the time they gestate, which is conveniently, the same 30 res. From there, you can either make your slow way to the second hive and wait for res for the 3rd chamber, or you can reskulk and get a RT gorge to drop the last MC.

The only real difference between 2 MCs and 3 MCs is that silence is actually useful with 3 MCs. Given the choice, I'd rather use celerity, have a lerk still alive, and late silence.

Comment

I'll take the smile. Cokes are bad for your teeth, and the last thing aliens need is dental problems.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

if i get chambers i'll generally rush right out of the gate to a place where i can ussually ambush a marine and try to get a kill. if we get 2 nodes up right away and i get a kill i can usually drop 2 chambers as soon as i spawn and go gorge and i wait on a third.
                  I understand dudes frustration because a lot of the time lately someone will call chambers and not drop them for a couple minutes and then they just drop 2 and we don't get the other one till the second hive is going up and the hive gorge drops it.
                  i think the main problem is communication early. if you call chambers please specify how many your getting. if you only intend on getting 2 please make that known so one of the rt gorges or someone else can plan on getting the 3rd.

Comment

Basically, the problem is that if you call chambers and don't drop two at thirty, you've crippled the lerk, and made the rest of the team less effective for that extra 10 res it takes you to be able to drop 3. A related problem is when a person calls chambers but drops them both in a vent, and assumes someone else will put one in the hive before it's needed. In both cases, you haven't done the job the team was expecting you to do, and this creates a problem. If you aren't planning to drop 2 at 30, just don't call chambers, and let someone else fill that role. Alternatively, in the pre-game time you can suggest doing things differently and try to plan around it (no early lerk, a permagorge, whatever). Just don't surprise your team by telling them you're doing chambers and then not doing what they all expect. Note that this doesn't apply to staying gorge for the third, or gorging early to get the first one faster, as neither of those cripple your team (except by having one fewer skulk).

Comment

in a related topic... if you call hive... DON'T DROP AN RT
                      remi.D

Comment

The MC's don't make a damn. People need to understand that those two MC's are going to come at the same time the second MC would if only one is tropped early. Res DOESN'T stop flowing just cuz you droped an MC.

Another thing people fail to realize is that if YOU call CHAMBERS or are ASSIGNED chambers, it doesn't mean drop 2 and skulk. MAKE SURE ALL THREE (3) CHAMBERS WILL BE DROPPED BY AT LEAST 4 MINUTES That's your responsibility. Don't drop 2 and skulk unless you are SURE someone else will get the third.

In fact, I'd like to see more chamber people dropping 2 at 33-34 and then the 3rd a minute later.

That's my only bicker with ANY of the people dropping chambers.

Another thing that burns my butt is "I've got hive" people. Sure you do, but you need to understand that if aliens hold the res they should hold, you should have the hive dropped by AT LEAST 4 minutes. THE HIVE IS OFFICIALLY LATE AFTER 4 MINUTES.

-Mom
                        Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Actually I disagree. What I expect from someone who calls chambers is 2 chambers. The third will be dropped later by someone else, that's not their concern. Whether this someone else is an rt gorge who waits the 10 res or a permagorge or the hive gorge (after the hive), in my opinion it isn't the responsibility of the player doing chambers. In the same way that the hive is late after four minutes, the chambers are late when the lerk hatches. "I'm saving for 3" is not an acceptable reason unless you told people at the start and specifically warned the lerk. If the chamber gorge wants to save for the third, that's fine with me, but it can't delay the first two.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                            Actually I disagree. What I expect from someone who calls chambers is 2 chambers. The third will be dropped later by someone else, that's not their concern. Whether this someone else is an rt gorge who waits the 10 res or a permagorge or the hive gorge (after the hive), in my opinion it isn't the responsibility of the player doing chambers. In the same way that the hive is late after four minutes, the chambers are late when the lerk hatches. "I'm saving for 3" is not an acceptable reason unless you told people at the start and specifically warned the lerk. If the chamber gorge wants to save for the third, that's fine with me, but it can't delay the first two.
                            What he said ^

Comment

Mom: I would like to point out that you must look at your teammates res count before calling a hive late. If you are killing more people you will have a higher res count, so you will think the hvie is late. I know this happened in one game. You said the hive was late but we only had two rts and the fade and hive people weren't even to 45.
                              remi.D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X