co_angst_beta / co_daimos_beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• co_angst_beta / co_daimos_beta

Could we please remove these two from the map rotation?

I managed to get the server filled with 7 or 8 people on faceoff. It switched to daimos beta, and no one followed. After waiting a few minutes one of the 7 came in... and then left (probably since I was the only one there).

So other than people not liking to download maps, and as a result not staying on the server, those two levels also do not work with the bots.
    Bots tend to be a great way to get a server filled, or at least to entertain myself.

Point is, the server is working against itself by having those two maps in rotation.

I personally like them, but if they prevent people from staying on the server I don't think we should have them in rotation. The server isn't about CO anyways.
    remi.D

Re: co_angst_beta / co_daimos_beta

I concur.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

I vote to move them at the END of the rotation. There are CO maps aren't ever EVER played.
      USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post
        I vote to move them at the END of the rotation. There are CO maps aren't ever EVER played.
        i'll second this

Comment

That would be fair enough, it seems like when they're at the start if it gives the "not enough players for blah blah" it will go straight to daimos_beta... If it's put at teh end of the rotation that would definitely help.
          remi.D

Comment

As much as I like these maps for co, I think the server should idle on the more popular maps - faceoff and pulse. I'd rather not see the beta5 maps removed from the rotation, but they certainly don't need to be very high up on the rotation, either.

Comment

Bumping this, hopefully something could be done about it?
              remi.D

Comment

I wouldn't move them to the end either, just not the very front. They are actually two of my favorite maps to play, but having the server full sooner is never a bad thing.

Push 'em back a little bit.

Comment

They certainly should not be at the front though... It seems we've all agreed on that.
                  remi.D

Comment

Rawr, I'm bumping this again.
                    I once again look at the server list and TG is on co_daimos_beta5.

Could we please get this changed? It's not good for the server to default to this map, it does not draw any more people to the server and actually seems to scare many off.

If not, could we please at least get some more comment? (Wyz/Poker?)
                    remi.D

Comment

More comment?

Funnel cakes are awesome.

That may not seem terribly helpful at the moment, but there's going to come a time when you have to choose between a Funnel Cake and a Pronto Pup, and my comment is suddenly going to prove its worth.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I concur with this thread.

Except for the Pronto Pup vs Funnel Cake. Because I haven't had a Pronto Pup but from what I have read, they are like corndogs but made with wheat, and that sounds pretty delicious.

Comment

ok...funnel cakes i love, but never in my life have i ever heard of a pronto pup and i've been to fairs from the state level to the town size kiddie carnival.
                          but i know exactly what you're saying.
                          guys look, if you're on the server and you want a new map and you're the only one there, votemap it. trust me, it works. if theres an sm there, problem solved. we really dont need to remove the maps from rotation or even bump em down, its just unnecessary work on the server, especially when we have larger problems to diagnose, such as the major lag issues everyone's having on behalf of theplanet. capice?

Comment

No weiners in buns with funnel cakes.

I rest my case.
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I am so confused.
                              remi.D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed