X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TGNS Map Material

First of all, I'd like to point out my link for these maps:

http://number-7.com/e107_v0617/download.php?list.2

That is where the list begins for all Classic maps in the archive. There are also AvA, MvM, Combat, Seige, etc.

A lot of these maps have been made by names we all recognize from our days in NS: Machaveli, LeMort, etc.

There seems to be a download quota on the server of 1 map per hour or so, so I can't exactly give details on the maps themselves, but this is a VERY extensive archive of new maps.

Maybe if we got people to download a map a day and try them, we could get some new maps on the server.

A few things to concider when testing a map:

A: Balance. Concider if the map is balanced enough for our style of play.

B: Skill. Pay attention to detail of hallways, make sure Uber-Fades won't be able to completely OWN Marines in the hallways/rooms in the map.

C: Playworthyness (yes that's a word): If the community doesn't like the map, it won't make the cut. Make sure the map looks like a Classic map should, or is atleast interesting in some fashion of asthetics. Don't waste your time on big square maps with very little detail.

I downloaded Drill_Beta12 and I'm testing it now.

The map itself is very unbalanced. Once you go downstairs, the corridors get very dark, and they all look the same. Upstairs (marine side) is lit up well, but there is very little cover for aliens, and it is wide open for those flying around aliens.

The hives are very far away from each other, and if marines were to set up a lockdown on certain sections of the map, the vent system doesn't give enough freedom to move between hives effectively.

In other words, it sucks.

Next.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: New TGNS Map Material

Originally posted by Yer Mom View Post
    A few things to concider when testing a map:

A: Balance. Concider if the map is balanced enough for our style of play.

B: Skill. Pay attention to detail of hallways, make sure Uber-Fades won't be able to completely OWN Marines in the hallways/rooms in the map.

C: Playworthyness (yes that's a word): If the community doesn't like the map, it won't make the cut. Make sure the map looks like a Classic map should, or is atleast interesting in some fashion of asthetics. Don't waste your time on big square maps with very little detail.
    I downloaded Tank beta 5, a siege map (yes I know The odd of me finding a good one are remote, but there has to be one good siege map out there.)

Overall it was divided into areas just like any old seige maps. Most of the halways where one side frindly connecting a room that was for the other side.

A tryed out the siege room, and at first only 1 hive would be hit, There is a trick to pinging as to hit all three.

The hive room is Jetpack friendly.
    And the siege room is very heavy friendly.
    In other words It not worth while, It looks nice, and better balanced then Siege 007, but it still lacksa lot of things it would need to even get a look at by one of the higher ups.

Oh well, off to hunt for a good siege map some more.
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X