Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you never leave this forum...

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/ghost-r...-camp-aar.html

a fantastic, great read, and something I'd love to be a part of.
    Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Re: If you never leave this forum...

Why are you posting that here? That has nothing to do with NS. o.O' (and as a result is of no intrest to me)
    remi.D

Comment

I posted it because while I'm walking down a hall, with 2 other marines, i still have people doing their very best to walk directly in my crosshair as i'm trying to shoot an alien.

Comment

hmm, well since I don't play that game and since much of it does not apply... It could not hold my intrest and I didn't read most of it. You do know there are threads in the NS area that deal with what you just said? (and are a more enjoyable read)

edit: Sorry if I seem... mean or something. i'm tired atm.
        remi.D

Comment

Playing TG Ghost Recon makes you a better FPS teamplay gamer, and it sure as hell makes you a better Natural Selection teammate.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

hmm people in my cross hairs..... mmmmm. llets see...counterstrike, anyone..? usually, if people insist on doing that... ill wait till the ailien takes them out, then shoot the ailien, or, if im in really bad mood, ill shoot the person....not if i can aviod it though, im really dont want to get kicked for too much FF....
            :) All but two is one!:)

Comment

If you're fast enough to track a skulk, you're probably fast enough to stop shooting as a teammate passes through your fire...

Yes it's still annoying, but just because a teammate crosses in front of you doesn't mean you need to shoot them.
              remi.D

Comment

problem with ns vs cs or just about any other fps is that lifeforms in ns move FAST. so if you're tracking a lerk/blinking fade/leaping skulk across an area, you're not going to really check the periphery for teammates. now, if you're in a hallway and you have a teammate in full view when you start firing, emptying half a clip into him whilst trying to shoot the skulk on the other side of him is just plain bad.

Comment

.. judging from teh last few posts (Wyz down) perhaps an exercise in team movement on an HLTV session would be worth it?

Comment

I think that FF on teammates is something that can't be avoided in this game because of the very nature of the game. The fact that skulks are small and fast and fades are fast, and lurks can fly fast makes allows them to not only take advantage of their surroundings to hide, and attack at their convience, but to also allow them to USE friendly fire to their advantage, which makes up for the fact that they have to close a gap to get to their targets.

Personally if i see a skulk attacking a teammate, I shoot, and hope he or she doesnt die, because i realize that if i dont back him up, then he will probably die anyways, so either way it's a gamble. Also im still careful about where i shoot.

Anyways I think that an HLTV session on friendly fire wouldnt hurt, though if someone could PM me instructions as to how to get into an HLTV session, that would be nice too.
                    Natural Selection name: Fodderkill. Why Fodderkill? Well, its because im so easy to kill hahaha!
                    "Why don't Fades ever die?"
                    -Universal question almost all new players ask at some point, even if they n ever say it.

Forum name: Fat B Man
                    Ingame name: Fodderkill

Just call me Fodder on TS or whatever

Comment

Another reason team movement is not the best in this game... Dodging. Dodging is why I stay alive as much as I do, but this sometimes means I will get in the way of my teammates.

And as Fodderkill just pointed out... When I'm doing really well I use buildings and teammates to my advantage. I will hide behind a building just to have them waste some more ammo, or make sure that I am behind the guy I'm biting, relative to their teammates...

It makes it a lot easier, and it's really amusing. :P
                      remi.D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...