Redeemed on ayumi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redeemed on ayumi

ok, so the time of this new game was 21:07 servertime (Oct25-2006)
    map was ns_ayumi again
    I was commander (reluctantly)
    I don't believe it is set as an HLTV session, but I suggest it
    50+ minute game
    and I do believe there was no balancing issues.

Well after my incredible loss on ayumi I have always referred to that as my unlucky map (though I still enjoyed the games and commanded it). I would really like a copy pm'ed to me even if this doesn’t make it to HLTV. For those of you who had been laughing after watching the 0hive to alien win, this game may restore some of your faith in my comming (though routerbox was a big help when I was getting frustrated).

Quick summary:
    Good early map control, and get cold turn in a relatively decent time. Original give is pressure, and we were pressuring it well as well as keeping alien nodes down. I notice AE is going up. But I noticed a little too late, because by the time we went there, it was up. Oh man, talk about flashback. No hope of sieging, got the proto and got heavies up. This is what saved the game: routers suggestion of getting jp upgraded immediately. At the time, we had the res to afford it, and it gives you options later. I will never underestimate the power of mixed proto again... its amazing what a combo of heavies and jp can do. JP take down the onos's fast and deal with vents, heavies as your grunts. I couldn't believe it. So, at this point, it was deadlocked... I would say the next good portion of the game was attempt after attempt to get a hive down while surviving base rush after base rush. So many mines, lol. Finally, AE went down with an amazing gorges hideout siege. After that the game came to a quick end. GG.

Thanks for everyone who stuck it out on marines even when it looked like I repeated history. Thank you aliens for not giving up the early game when we took cold turn. Looking forward to peoples comments.
    Last edited by Shroud; 10-25-2006, 11:12 PM. Reason: typo's
    I am a n00b. If I beat you, it must be a mistake.

Re: Redeemed on ayumi

Before anyone else asks, demo requests in threads like this will be ignored. Please send me or any other admin a PM with the needed information (date\time\map etc...).
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Was a fun round, could have went either way with a major push from either side.
      aka Roland tHTG

Comment

To give a little from the aliens perspective:

The majority of the game was just hitting down marine nodes and putting up our own, and defending against hive rushes and seiges, of which we defended against many.

In the gorge's hideout they had hmgs. They only had three siege turrets, which we should have easily been able to counter with a couple gorges, but my team basically gave up. When the marines actually started coming into the hive it was only me and one other gorge in their healing it. Everyone else had abandoned the hive to try to hit their base or something.

The game shouldn't have ended there. You had no way to put up more seiges and we should have been able to keep that hive long enough to eventually push in.
        remi.D

Comment

Blew, it wasn't a horrible downer for you shroud!! you controlled Cold turn after taking down our 2nd hive for the first time the entire rest of the map... it's an extremely startegical point for marines on that map.

We were defeding the entire time while you tech'd up.
          I look at it as being a game that lasted way to long rather than a good game.
          no hives had a "surprise" takedown. just many seiges..
          Everyone playing pretty much was over NS after that game for the day. lol

But good job on not letting the 50 minutes game not mentally wear you down as comm!

Comment

Good final point. It definitely did go too long, and the only reason was because many of us did not realize you could seige from the Gorge's Hideout. I thought that the build range limit things would mean you have no room.

It seemed "cheap" to us, which is part of the reason why it was the last game for many.

The good point was definitely that despite the length of the game the marines and aliens just didn't give up. (except at the very end when they gave up on our second hive)
            remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight View Post
              Good final point. It definitely did go too long, and the only reason was because many of us did not realize you could seige from the Gorge's Hideout. I thought that the build range limit things would mean you have no room.

It seemed "cheap" to us, which is part of the reason why it was the last game for many.

The good point was definitely that despite the length of the game the marines and aliens just didn't give up. (except at the very end when they gave up on our second hive)
              I actually agree with blu here, I need a bath.:madsmile:
              USAR

Comment

?
                remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight View Post

It's not "cheap", it's superior map knowledge. I was on aliens for Shroud's last endeavour on this map, and I remember the frantic "does that work?!" discussion on aliens when we realized he was building in gorges' hideout. As I recall, our consensus was that it wouldn't reach, shortly after which our hive died. Granted we did eventually win that one, but taking down a hive using a siege location that many people don't know about is impressive map knowledge, well done Shroud.

Comment

The alien teamwork was our problem, or the lack there of. It is a miracle we lasted as long as we did. We had our moments, but we had no plan and no motivation.
                    USAR

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                      It's not "cheap", it's superior map knowledge. I was on aliens for Shroud's last endeavour on this map, and I remember the frantic "does that work?!" discussion on aliens when we realized he was building in gorges' hideout. As I recall, our consensus was that it wouldn't reach, shortly after which our hive died. Granted we did eventually win that one, but taking down a hive using a siege location that many people don't know about is impressive map knowledge, well done Shroud.
                      I agree. That's why I put cheap in quotation marks.

The thing is it FELT cheap.
                      It's like we were both fighting it out man to man and then someone just shoots us in the back.

I admit it was well executed and Shroud was good for knowing about that spot. My team should have been able to fight it off due to the limited number of seige cannons you can actually put there (how many gorges does it take to outpace three seiges?), but they gave up on the hive.
                      Marines won.
                      It was a deserved win.

Despite that, it still felt like a cheap low blow to the aliens.

Originally posted by squeak View Post
                      The alien teamwork was our problem, or the lack there of. It is a miracle we lasted as long as we did. We had our moments, but we had no plan and no motivation.
                      Yup, I agree.
                      I keep saying it, but with more teamwork we would have saved that hive. I was suprised at the amount of teamwork we got going to defend our hives on past attempts... We shouldn't have lost it to a trick like that. :P
                      We couldn't rush head first at them and so suddenly all the aliens thought there was no other way to defend against it.
                      remi.D

Comment

I recall similar experiences on Ayumi. However, for some reason I am left with the opposite impression - that marines had tried it before and failed.

However there may be differing reasons for this. Gorge's Hideout is a death trap if I remember the vent locations correctly. It could be that we killed off the sieges before they hit the hive, rather than they didn't work.

Comment

I don't understand what you're trying to say...
                          remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                            Heh. I'm with ya. Gorge's hideout used to be one of those 'MUST SECURE EVENTUALLY' places (just like any siege room). It was actually somewhat high priority back in the day. There was a res node (I think) but also it wsas a lot closer to the hive, and was a conduit for AE35.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X