X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ns_Nexus.

Ns_Nexus is ready.

***READ BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD***

First off, thanks for all hanging in there (those who ive been hyping this to forever :p). Its been awhile in the making. Start date: September 16th 2005. Completion date: October 26th 2006.

This is a full-fledged NS map, imo the most detailed one to date. IT WILL TAKE AWHILE TO LEARN ALL THE ROUTES, *ESPECIALLY* the vents. I made them as intuitive as i thought possible; they're as useful as the Nancy vents but they arent such a cryptic maze. Please, please, save harsh criticism until you at least play a few rounds on it. Every map feels like a maze until you get the feel for it.

Notes:

-WHAT IT IS. Ns_Nexus from the very beginning was to be a full-fledged TSA Spaceship. Many maps are set sortof on spaceships, but none have strived to give the complete ambience, layout, and detailing of the real deal. Enjoy getting lost in its multitude of rooms, and especially in the huge ventilation system behind the access panels (which happens to be rather ninja-friendly).

-MINIMAP. The minimap is a big garbled because it hasnt been cleaned up yet. I have someone who is going to do so, as well as label it, within a day or so.

-RUNTIMES. The runtimes from MS to each hive is pretty much spot-on if you have all the routes open. The runtimes from each hive to the others are spot-on as well, and even as low as 13 seconds from Port Hive to Chromo Hive, if you know the vents.

-WELDABLES. Yes, there are a lot. Of the route-opening weldables, one is critical, two are very useful but not critical, one is minor, and another is to help with a secret passage. There are then three siege-opening weldables, and three vent-closers.

-SECRET ROUTES. I love them. Caged is full of them, other maps have a sparse few. I DO NOT mean illusionary walls or invisible buttons; i mean actual architecture that can be jumped/maneuvred/whatever, rather perilously, to gain a very significant advantage as a marine. Nexus has two ultra-secret routes, one secret-but-obvious route, and then tons of boostable or just plain awesome ninja'ing routes. Collect'em all. It'll take awhile.

-R_SPEEDS. They have been optimized greatly; they're practically within official limits. If you're running on Software mode, i.e. you dont even have a videocard, you're in for some s***. I have a fairly low-end comp (2.6, 1gig, geforce 5600) and i never get any slowdowns. Average for players is ~600, peaks at 1000 from certain angles. The comm peaks around 2000 in certain spots too, i'll probably fix these up in a future version.

-ELEVATORS. They cannot be broken by marines. But they CAN be broken by the comm. It should be acceptable for the comm the 'use' the elevator as he pleases, but for the comm to 'use' it during its movement - which makes it stop/start - should be considered exploiting, just like how marines can do that to the Generator elevator in Nothing. Repeat; marines cannot do this themselves.

-RES NODE LAYOUT. It is deceiving. At first glance it looks as though the majority of the nodes (7/10) are away from the bottom two hives. This is an illusion; the middle two nodes are very high up, and the far left ones are a solid walking distance from MS. Nexus Mainframe node is very close to MS (once its welded), and Railgun node is a bit farther, but the rest are fair game. This was done on purpose, mimmicking Station Access/T-Junction and Powerbanks/Flight, etc. Each team/hive can easily secure at least one extra node, then another with a bit more difficulty, then after that its pure Natural Selection. The layout is actually symmetrical a la Veil, once you know it.

Aside from the elevator thing (which i think i'll fix next version), i do not know of any other bugs. Please email beavatron at hotmail.com with any feedback. Lets get to playing :D

-Stix&Stonz

Left Click Here, its a lame site but ihud wasnt working. The link is on the right, a bit down from the top. If anyone has a better upload site, feel free.
    Last edited by o-|-E StixNStonz; 10-26-2006, 07:42 PM. Reason: adding link to map download

Re: Ns_Nexus.

I can't wait :)
    It sounds like a lot of fun, any chance of getting this on tgns tonight?
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

-Slight delay on the 5pm goal. Compile hit a bump just now, will take another 2 hours for the next, but regardless it will be linked by tonight.

Comment

goddamnit. I just spent an hour readying screenshots because some guy on another forum bitched about there not being any. But apparently i cant post links to other sites until ive hit 15 posts.

Comment

stix, just put spaces in the link. we can cut and paste :)

Comment

stix if you want to PM me the links, I'll post them as is for you. I'm all in favor of new, pretty, exciting maps.
            --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

dont do it stix, keres has cooties.

Comment

dammit, too late! :o

Comment

COMPILE FASTER. WE NEED THE PILLOWS.

I was just telling Aga about this yesterday on TS.

Comment

Ooo fancy. You've hyped me up for this. I do hope the screenshots and everything live up to the hype. :P
                    remi.D

Comment

The bits and pieces I played of it (BY THE WAY IF YOU RAR THE FILE THIS TIME I WILL SLAY YOU) earlier suggest a very cool map.

The ninja spots appealed to me > all.

Comment

I do love ninja spots. I only know of one in caged though.. Actually, two. And one ninja hiding spot.
                        remi.D

Comment

I'd say the two craziest Caged ninja's are getting on top of the girder in Sewer hive and on top of the other girder in Shipping. Both require nothing but good jump skills.

Comment

Looking forward to trying it. Feel free to rar it up. Unless you're a hippy, because only then will Slayer actually slay you.
                            aka Roland tHTG

Comment

oh, it'll be rar'd. Dunno what he's whining about, it took me 1 full minute to find, download, install and use winrar when i got my new laptop.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X