Ns_Nexus_B2 (all bugs fixed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ns_Nexus_B2 (all bugs fixed)

Beta 2 of ns_nexus is ready. The Commander elevator exploit is still in the map. Aside from that, there isn't a single bug that hasn't been fixed.

Changelog:
    -Cleaned up the minimap, coloured the vents, and labelled the main rooms (thanks NoShadow)
    -removed 3 weldables: theres now only one weldable for both waters, and both weldable vents in Logistics and Nexus Mainframe were removed (vents remain)
    --> total number of weldables down to 8, from 11
    -made the two waters in H2O tanks seethrough
    -you can no longer 'unfairly' siege the middle hive
    -fixed the missing glass in View Halls
    -made the ladder in Coordinate Mapping much easier to use
    -fixed the weldables throughout the map so that you dont get stuck in them after welding
    -removed an RR spawn left in the map from testing, lol (should fix the left-in-game-after-game-over bug)
    -fixed the vent in Nexus Mainframe, its no longer blocked (it is now a route into MS like it should be)
    -fixed the node in Nexus Mainframe from sinking a bit
    -fixed the missing texture in Starboard Shaft and Nexus Mainframe
    -created a few more func_seethrough's so the comm has easier access
    -fixed the overbrightness of Chromo Hive
    -added the changelog, map background story, and thanks to the map txt

A lot of people complained about the minimap, and consequently had a much worse time navigating the map as well as the vents. Heres a shot of the minimap as it is now:

There is also an unlabelled, but cleaned up, minimap.

Download Here!

Re: Ns_Nexus_B2 (all bugs fixed)

Is it me or is that hive realllllly close to marine start? Skulkrushes or LMG rushes abound!

Comment

It's just you, it's not really that close.
      sigpic

Comment

heya lush, didnt know you were on the TG forums.

The middle hive is actually really high up. Those two small circles on either side of it are massive Shafts that connect it to the rest of the map.

The runtimes from MS to each hive are almost identical, and perfect compared to the official map average (~32 seconds).

And no, you cant siege the middle hive from below :p

Comment

Great job with the map stix. Im amazed at the size, and arrangement of rooms. Textures are well done also.

I do have some suggestions, and reports of getting stuck with onos in certain areas.

I'll compile a complete list, and post them here and at my website. Here's the direct link to my website post, including screenshots and a better download resource: http://onovia.com/wp/archives/2006/1...exus-released/

More screenshots will be added soon. These are just something quick I took.
          birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Mr| Reunion!

Comment

Well, since the Mr| NS Server has been abandon, and nothing is allowed to be changed, seems like we've all migrated to a community that offers what the players want, instead of what people that dont even play the game want.

I've given up the the Mr server. It's useless when I cant make chages without being scrutinized for every little thing. It's to bad, but because of admin abuse, and mis-management the server died. If you want to discuss that topic further, feel free to pm me.

Anyways, lets keep this post on topic!
              birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Yes. Nexus. Server. Now.

Comment

Without the minimap on the one game I played, it seemed to sprawl way too much. After checking it out a couple of times offline, and giving the minimap a brief study, this appears to be a map that will be well liked by folks who actually know it.

Map control FTW.
                  aka Roland tHTG

Comment

The round we played tonight was teh awesome. Can't wait to really learn the map.
                    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Yeah. That game was really fun. Confusing map to command for the first time, though. The multi-level action (which I suspect makes for great gameplay once you know the map) was very confusing.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Aye, nexus is quite complicated.

I'd have to give my condolences to any new comms on Nexus. Certain things, like how imperative it is to weld the Nexus Mainframe weldable, just aren't obvious your first time on the map. Even the layout can be pretty tricky; ive had a few ppl literally say 'what the... theres no third hive!' and then later, 'theres no way into the third hive!! wtf!!'

Basically once you realize that the two shafts are the entrances to the middle hive, you'll be past the hardest part of learning the layout. Next, is that Engineering Halls have two floors; the bottom floors connect to each other at the rt, and the top floors connect to the H2O tanks on their respective sides (hence creating a decent runtime between the two h2o siege rooms).

I'm glad to hear people are enjoying the map :D. There are still a few bugs popping up here and there, mostly of sinking structures and onos stuck spots when MCing, but all-in-all Beta 2 is relatively bug free.

Comment

Ok. I've slept on it.

I'm sure now.

I *really* enjoyed commanding that map.

:)

Maybe I'll hate the map once I learn it. Time will tell. But I sure as hell enjoyed it last night!
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I Want To Playyy >.<
                            remi.D

Comment

i have a request stix, in the port and starboard hives if youre on the floor as a gorge its almost impossible to get out, so if you fall from a hive heal, you're boned. was wondering if you could lower the lip on the bottom to a height where a gorge could jump to it without having to make a skill jump from the little lip that runs on the back wall?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X