X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.2 Full Change Log

I don't think this has been posted here yet, so I figured I would

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/stat...changelog.html

There are some big changes here that I don't think were in the 3.2 CM changelog.

The addition of +movement strikes me as big, as well as the hive teleportation may allow aliens to explore more first chamber strategies. And, of course, the hitboxes are sexy :).

Oh ya, and the hive armor change.

Re: 3.2 Full Change Log

Still getting use to +movement, I'm so use to switching between blink\swipe its difficult.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Lots of new changes, kind of hate these major updates, its like relearning to play again.

Comment

I'm interested in the movement system as it is new. I too hope that this will change first pick of chambers to something other than movements.

I'm very interested in those new textures from the new maps, even the co. Can't wait to start out even on those maps along with every one else :P

-Sirusblk

Comment

I think that this new movement system will open up a LOT more first chambers, and make better game on some of hte less team work oriented servers.
          Basically, it allows you to use SC first, AND be able to get to the second hive as needed.
          I think i'll like it
          Not to mention, the +movement will help me with fading... ALOT.
          Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

I am LOVING the +movement deal... I never scripted out my leap/bite or blink/swipe... you can only get so good and weapon switches. I found out the usefulness of leap/xeno too :D
            [...]play skillfully[...] Psalm 33:3

Comment

I never really had a problem with 2-weapon switching (leap/bite or blink/swipe), but 3-weapons switching was tricky. (blink/swipe/meta). Hopefully this will make that easier once I get used to it.

Comment

can someone explain this +movement deal a lil more how does it effect a fade

i currently don't use any script for fadorizin

Comment

+movement is a single bind that activates leap, blink, and charge with one button tap. No more weapon switching is required. It's sexy!
                  Rm 14:2 NIV
                  One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

Theres a lot of very cool updates in here. Adding knockback to charge makes it a much better escape maneuver...can't be blocked by anything short of a com chair, basically. On the other hand, taking out the charge damage and taking away hive armor bonus makes Onos a lot less useful for suicide rushes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                      Theres a lot of very cool updates in here. Adding knockback to charge makes it a much better escape maneuver...can't be blocked by anything short of a com chair, basically. On the other hand, taking out the charge damage and taking away hive armor bonus makes Onos a lot less useful for suicide rushes.
                      Yeah, we had an interesting CM game with 3 onos rushing marine start on ns_lucid with a few heavies and some lights, most with heavy weapons. We let the fade\gorge go in first to draw fire then I charged in the middle of their base to throw them around, then the other two onos did their work to finish them off and we killed their base. Pretty cool.
                      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I want to see the impact this hive teleporting system will have on chamber selection. DC first anyone?

Comment

It makes DC and SC first more viable but to be honest, I think MC first is still the most powerful starting chamber. Celerity and Silence are just incredibly powerful for skulks, and Adren is great for gorges and lerks.

Comment

+movement looks like it will be pretty useful, I just wish it weren't bound to the same key as reload. Now putting it anywhere useful will result in too many deaths to accidental reloading (for me at least, I used to die to accidental weapon switching before I gave up on using last weapon switch). I think I'll probably just rebind it every game depending on which side I'm on. I suppose variety in starting chamber is a good thing, though personally I've never enjoyed either side of an sc game, which will now likely be the default unless kero is on. On the other hand, maybe enough comms will start obsessively pinging so sc won't be as good. mmm third obs...

Comment

I believe the actual commandline is different, so you can bind it to whatever you want. Its just bound to the same key as "reload" by default, since reload only functions on the marine team and movement only functions on the alien team. As far as I know those are the only 2 keys that each function on only one side.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X