need to get more fps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to get more fps

So, I heard that there exists this script that can bring your fps over 150. Right now, I got this ATI radeon 9000 and I get pretty good fps. But, I think it would help me a lot more if I got my hands on this script cuz I get low framerate during firefights or if there's too much crap on my screen.
    [negative]

Re: need to get more fps

What do you consider low fps? 80? 40?

With a Radeon 9000 you should probably be getting a constant 100fps unless your playing at too high a resolution. What resolution do you play at?

Oh yea, there is no magical script that will increase your fps to 150. There is a way to disable to 100fps cap, but that doesn't increase performance any.
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...highlight=poly
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

tyvm i shall try these.
        [negative]

Comment

dUdE I heArD thERS dIzZ scRipt0r tHaT l3tz yU kILL 4 skulKZ wiTh 1 lMg ClIp

It's not a script. Type Developer 1 on console to go over 100 fps. Although it really does not do anything but spam your console.

Comment

I was trying to look through the cal forums to get "a civilians" thread on fps but it seems to have been misplaced/deleted.

to achieve fps above 100 you can type developer 1 in console.

Now everyone has different opinions on updaterate and cmdrate. But if you're using a really good and up to date computer you can set your cmdrate and updaterate higher. I use the max it can go. 101 on both. cl_updaterate 101 cl_cmdrate 101. Then my fps is capped at a constant 125. It depends on the computer to what seems better for you. But the best fps is 100 - 111 - 125 -144. Anything about that you start floating and you're extremely slow. Put your fps on 165 and start bunny hopping. It's hilarious, like you're in some dream land. My computer can stay on constant 165 fps. So I can use 144 if I wanted. But I get a more clear screen at 125 fps. So I capped myself at that. Before that I was using 111. That was ok. For mediocre computers use 100.

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi View Post
              What do you consider low fps? 80? 40?

With a Radeon 9000 you should probably be getting a constant 100fps unless your playing at too high a resolution. What resolution do you play at?

Oh yea, there is no magical script that will increase your fps to 150. There is a way to disable to 100fps cap, but that doesn't increase performance any.
              well ok i tried the scripts but i still get a bit of fps drop. I go from like 99-50 sometimes and weird stuff happens. LIke my mouse movement seems to become inconsistent so I either can't aim smoothly or when i b-hop, I can't time the jumps anymore.

btw i'm playing on 1024x 768
              i got a 2.4 ghz compaq and 512 ddr ram if that helps any.
              [negative]

Comment

Here's what I want you to do buy a gig of ram. It might cost anywhere from 80-120 dollars. I mean you got a good graphics card but if you don't have the memory to support it then there's no point.

When you get more ram type this in console:

fps_max 125
                cl_rate 15000
                cl_updaterate 101
                cl_cmdrate 101
                developer 1
                net_graph 3

Comment

Ty, I hope you arent purposely trying to mislead him. He in no way needs 1GB to achieve 100fps in a game based on the HL engine.

degamer106, you probably just need to tweak the graphics settings for your video card. Make sure antialiasing, anisotropic filtering, and vsync are turned off. And try playing on 800x600.

edit: btw, I have a computer that comfortably gets 100fps in NS. It runs 512MB of ram and a radeon 8500 (slightly better than the 9000). Ill mess with my settings tonight and see what I have to do to get my FPS to go down. Maybe i'll come up with something to fix your problem.
                  Last edited by kormendi; 11-17-2006, 06:58 PM.
                  Steam Community: | |

Comment

Stop ruining my schemes.

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi View Post
                      Ty, I hope you arent purposely trying to mislead him. He in no way needs 1GB to achieve 100fps in a game based on the HL engine.

degamer106, you probably just need to tweak the graphics settings for your video card. Make sure antialiasing, anisotropic filtering, and vsync are turned off. And try playing on 800x600.

edit: btw, I have a computer that comfortably gets 100fps in NS. It runs 512MB of ram and a radeon 8500 (slightly better than the 9000). Ill mess with my settings tonight and see what I have to do to get my FPS to go down. Maybe i'll come up with something to fix your problem.
                      Well, the main issue i'm having is fps drops. I can get consistent 99 fps if I, let's say, walk down a corridor on any given map. But when I get into firefights all hell breaks loose and it feels like my response time goes down. Thanks for the help anyways.

Now if i had more money, i would try out Ty's idea >.<
                      [negative]

Comment

Just set your fps_max at 40 or 50 or something. A consistent frame rate is more important that getting the max at all times, especially when ~40-50 is more than enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Ty. View Post
                          Here's what I want you to do buy a gig of ram. It might cost anywhere from 80-120 dollars. I mean you got a good graphics card but if you don't have the memory to support it then there's no point.

When you get more ram type this in console:

fps_max 125
                          cl_rate 15000
                          cl_updaterate 101
                          cl_cmdrate 101
                          developer 1
                          net_graph 3
                          The cl_ commands there will affect your lag more than your fps, unless almost everything I've read about them is wrong. Even the net_graph 3 is more related to network than fps. Sure, it shows the fps, but it also shows a lot more things.

If you just want to see your fps, use cl_showfps 1 instead.

And a half gig of ram is suitable for the half life engine imo. I've used a half gig and 1.5 gigs with nothing else changing in the same machine, and noticed little to no difference.
                          aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Related question: I don't quite top out at 100, but I get consistent performance in the mid 90s (which I cap at 89, just to keep my framerate constant). Firefights are no problem, still 90s.

But...sometimes something happens, I have no idea what, and my framerate drops into the 20s and 30s for awhile. Even staring at a wall only brings it back to about 45. For maybe 2 minutes or so, the game is virtually unplayable. Then it goes away, and I get my 90s back.

Any ideas? My ping doesn't change, so I don't think its a network problem. Netgraph 3 doesn't show any loss or choke. I don't have any apps running in the background or anything.

Its not frequent though, so I can live with it. But it would be nice to have some idea what causes it. :)

Comment

Kero, my guess is that you have a process running in the background that is 'sneaky'. I get that problem also, because Norton gives you NO OPTION to turn off certain updates, etc. So, yeah, 2 minutes sounds about right for some kind of virus def. update. Try ctl-alt-del'ing and QUICKLY locating any anomalies in the processes list. The reason I say quickly is because I've noticed a lot of times when you open the task manager, for whatever reason, some of those processes that were running high start to drop immediately. In other words, it seems like they're trying to hide the fact that they were hogging CPU. Or maybe it's just that they process the information so much faster with NS minimized. I dunno.

Just an idea.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X