Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• showres display off

Heya.

On TGNS, when I use the showres command, I'm getting a display that's not formated right.

Playing at 1024*768 32bit

Is anyone else having this issue?
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Re: showres display off

I don't see anything out of the ordinary... have you played on the server recently?

About a month (or 2?) ago wyz made a change to the plugin to show chamber info on the alien side and weapon info on the marine side.
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

This screenshot isn't a good example (lol ur mcs got rokt), but those ___ get replaced by letters that indicate what upgrades the player has. Something like "a" for adren, "s" for silence, "c" for celerity (I don't know if those are the real values). I forget what the -- are for.

Comment

dont quote me, but i think that the ____ is for the available chamber and the -- are for the two chamber types you dont have. once you have an available upgrade it would look like c-- or if you have two chamber types cf- (celerity/focus). dont quote me, you'd have to ask wyz.

Comment

might it have something to do with the fact that in the res plugin, Wuss is listed as having 9 res, but right below that onscreen the player (which I assume is Wuss) is listed as having 10/100 res? Or is this a ressurection of that ancient bug that the res display had which listed you as one higher res than you actually had?

Comment

Will we still be using the res plugin once 3.2 is released and it will be on the scoreboard? Tbh, I havn't used the upgrade category listed in this plugin once, mostly because I can just ask what upgrade they got if interested.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I'd like to see this go away entirely when 3.2 hits. The fewer necessary game mods the better.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Indeed, but 3.2 doesn't show who on your team is holding a welder/mines, and that, I think, is one of the more useful bits you get from the plugin.
                Steam Community: | |

Comment

Agreed. I think we've all taken more value from the recent marine modifications than we have from the recent alien modifications.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                    Agreed. I think we've all taken more value from the recent marine modifications than we have from the recent alien modifications.
                    The reason for me is that, the marines modifications show you things you want to know right now, not later on. Example of this is Who has that mine pack/welder that the commander dropped for doubles's phase gate.

Where as the aliens shows things like, upgrades. I might be wondering what that onos got for an upgrade, but i can ask them that, and it not critical that I know it in the next 5 secs. The marines add on shows stuff that can make or break a round. A mine (or 4) on a phase gate or a sec more of welding can mean the difference between a win on tgns or a defeat. This is due to that fact of how we play, and those we play with.

The show res is nice, but all it does is speed up some, somewhat important info for aliens, as for marines, it became a major commander tool.

Any chance we could get at least the marine one for co? I would love to be able to see who got a welder with a click.
                    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                      On that theme, would it be possible to keep the current implementation for marines, and roll back the alien plugin to the older version? The one that showed all 8 players in 8 lines, and didn't bother with upgrades? It just seemed a lot cleaner to me, and gave you your vital information in a glance, rather than having to scan the whole screen.

Comment

I'd have to hear that request from lots of folks to even consider it. Especially with 3.2 coming "soon".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X