Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural Selection: Mod of the Year? (2006)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Selection: Mod of the Year? (2006)

http://mods.moddb.com/47/natural-selection/

Originally posted by [url=http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=98694&view=findpost&p=1577849]puzl[/url]
    Anonymous votes carry less weight than those from registered accounts.
    The page is old, but I suppose the votes today count toward 2006.

Especially with 3.2 on the horizon, it would be fun to see Natural Selection in the spotlight with a "Mod of the Year" designation. I'll say it's earned it, even today.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Natural Selection: Mod of the Year? (2006)

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
    I'll say it's earned it, even today.

I'll second that.
    Oyee

Comment

/signed, if for no other reason than this: any other HL mod who's website shut down, devs were talking about moving on and community started to fizzle for an entire year, would have died. Now ns is seeing a resurgence in player base and two new leagues opening up? Thats commitment.

Comment

I don't agree with Wyz's reasoning:
        It's game of the year. Very little has been changed in NS this year. At least as far as I see since I'm non-consti. If it's game of the year, it should go to one that actually made a lot of progress this year.
        Zelda only can be game of the year for the year it is released, so NS shouldn't be different. (I love NS, but still...)

Cry's reasoning I agree with far more. No activity for a year (practically), and yet the community stays alive and everything. A game that can do that seems like it deserves Game of the Year.
        remi.D

Comment

mmmmmmm.... that felt goooood.

You hear that? That's theme music. Way in the back, there. Behind your ears.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The vote is for the best mod in 2006. The idea is that people vote for the mod that they think is the best. The poll mentions nothing about activity level, release schedules, forum availability, or community robustness. It is simply a poll for people to vote for their favourite mod. We'd love to see NS get some recognition this year, as it will help bring new people to the community, however, if you guys think there are better mods out there then feel free to vote for them instead ;)

PS: ( vote ns!!! )

Comment

Voted! and puzl.... you may be biased :D
              [...]play skillfully[...] Psalm 33:3

Comment

What is sick and wrong about that is I, in fact, started hearing the song. **DOO-doo, du-dudu-doo....**

------------------------Anti-Topic Derailment Measures Engaged!---------------

If any other mods out there held my attention as well as NS has, I would vote for them instead. However, seeing as I cannot really run any of the mods for the current-gen (hl2 anyone?) stuff, I think I'm a little trapped.

Comment

mmmmmmm.... that felt goooood.

soooo-WEET

For anyone that truly misses that game enough to play it, here ya go
                  http://www.zeldaclassic.com/

Flawless, bugless, and unchanged since.. whatever year it was that it came out.
                  And free.

TG > Gannon

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X