Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is your server

Originally posted by Apophis
    If you play by the TG rules and support our philosophy, this is as much your server as TG's, any help you can provide in keeping it running according to our standards is greatly appreciated.
    Dude mentioned in a post that some unsavory players were on the BF2 server lately. He wasn't making a big stink, but mentioning something like that really doesn't help anything, and so the above was part of Apophis' response to the guy's comments. He's pointing out something that deserves repeating regularly: if you genuinely want to enable change, go to the trouble of sending a forum PM to an admin about it. It can literally be a two-line PM, sometimes. But fire it off.

Just a reminder for those of you who've never become part of the solution (many of you have -- thank you): when you see something you think doesn't (hell.. even "shouldn't") belong, send a forum PM to an admin (at your leisure: immediately, before you go to bed, the next morning, whatever). Give him the information YOU would need to go looking at logs and demos.

Problems get solved, but not without players' help. We are your doors as much as we are your walls.

It's not so much that I say this because you guys don't already know how to do it. It's just that... you don't realize the quality that the active few (who do PM us from time to time) bring the rest of us in their taking the time to treat the server "as their own."

Great quote, Apophis.
    Last edited by Pokerface; 11-17-2006, 09:40 PM.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: this is your server

I completely agree with both sentiments, both wyz's and apophis's.

This community is OURS, and as such we're responsible for it's upkeep. Generally, as far as the NS community is concerned, we do a pretty good job. From time to time, we dont do our jobs right or we're lacking in the attention we pay. However, we do a pretty good job on the whole. The forums are almost completely devoid of complaints about negative activity on the server and when we do have a problem, we generally discuss it and come to a reasonable solution (i.e. the recycling thread).

The important thing is that everyone needs to pitch in. Yes, SM's have some admin capability, but most SM's dont know the full extent of what they can do (or what some of the commands mean) and it limits their ability to help. For non SM's, your responsibility is just as important, as I'm sure you know.

-If you have a problem, record a demo and make a note of the time and person in question, then let someone know.
    -If you dont know who to talk to about it, you can always count on wyz and aero to help. Wyz may not always be playing (especially now with the baby, his time is understandably and im sure happily limited) but he has this strange godly omnipotence as far as the server goes and will just randomly start talking to us through RCON :) . I've also played on several other servers with Aero before I came to TG and he knows the business as well as anyone.

We can all help and we all should. If something happens, dont just take the stance of "well, im sure someone else will report it", do it yourself. Redundancy is a good thing as far as this goes, and if we get 20 people that report something, its just as good, if not better, than one.

If you're an SM and would like deeper knowledge of how to deal with people or issues, ask one of the senior admins.

Other than that, keep up the good work guys and gals. It takes all of us to make this place great and we're doing a hell of a job with it.

If you dont believe me, check out how many people have signed the primer in the last month. We've got em lining up in droves and a lot of them are even donating!
    Last edited by Ferris Bueller; 11-18-2006, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Wyz (and Apophis), your so very right. In a community, it's the masses that must follow the rules, and not the job of the police to fix our problems.
      Perhaps a note about keeping it off the forums?

---------------------------
      FERRIS - I'll read that when it's been put into a format that the human brain can comprehend easily.

Try Spacing your thoughts and grouping them

Try Bullets
      - Bullets help us to understand
      - Bullets help to organize thought
      - Bullets allow point form

SIMPLICITY

Sorry to pick on you old boy, but to read this; the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
      Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

I felt the same way when I read Ferris' first post. The edits to it now look great (I didn't re-read it, but skimming is easier on the eye, so I'm sure reading it is).

Also, use this syntax for bullets if ya wanna get fancy:

[list]
        [*]one
        [*]two
        [*]three
        [/list]
        • one
        • two
        • three

in a hurry?

[list][*]one[*]two[*]three[/list] does the same.

Want numbered lists? Roman numerals?

The[list] tag allows you to create advanced lists by specifying an option. The option should have a value of 1 (for a numbered list) or A (for an alphabetic with capital letters list) or a (for an alphabetic with lowercase letters list) or I (for a numbered with capital Roman numeral list) or i (for a numbered with small Roman numeral list).
        Educate yourself:
        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/misc.php?do=bbcode
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I've also played on several other servers with Aero before I came to TG and he knows the business as well as anyone
          :icon_cool
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse