Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being disconnected after registration

Hi.

I would like to know if being regularly disconnected after a successful registration is something to be expected ?

I "signed" to the thread asking for my Steam ID, and the interrogation mark is indeed gone now before my nickname. I thought I would now be a full member and not get disconnected, but it still happens.

What exactly happens is that during game-play I would suddenly find myself to the interface where you see a loading bar while the level is loading. However the loading process stops at around 30% and stays there, and nothing else happens.

It happens usually 1 time for each two games. For example if I play in the server for one complete game and then stay for the next map, then it would happen during the game-play in the new map. Sometimes not though, sometimes it happens randomly.

Is there any settings I need to enter in my console when I play on TacticalGamer ? Maybe the server isn't compatible with my default settings or something similar ?

Please don't tell me I need to pay or give a donation to be able to play without being kicked ?

Is there anything I can do if the above isn't the case ?

Thanks for the help and time.

Re: Being disconnected after registration

Heres the scoop: It could be a computer problem, could be something else. If its a computer problem, I dont know the answer.

the alternative is that you're playing on a full server most of the time with no ?'s and a Supporting Member (someone with the TG icon) decides to join. It's just the hierarchy. The first to get kicked for SM's are ?'s, then regulars. It could also have something to do with how many points you have. I'm just not sure.

Comment

First of all, there are 3 different ways to get kicked off the server.

--If an admin thinks youve done something wrong, he can kick you. You will get a server message telling you why you were kicked. This is not whats happening to you.
      --Randomly, usually right after the map changes, we get the "youve been STEAMed" bug, which disconnects around half of the server with no explanation. If it happens to hit before you finish loading the next map, you will see what you describe, with the loading bar just freezing around half done. But that almost always happens right after a map change, so if you are getting errors in the middle of a map then this probably isnt it either.
      --Finally, someone with a reserved slot might join the server. This is a very popular server, and while you dont HAVE to pay in order to play, if you WANT to pay for a server membership then you get a permanent reserved slot. If the server is full of people, and a member with a reserved slot tries to join, that means someone will have to get kicked. Thats usually the player who has been on the server for the shortest amount of time. If you are kicked to make room for a reserved slot, you are not immediately disconnected. Instead you are re-directed to our HLTV server, so the game will go back to the map loading screen to load the HLTV server. I don't know why your computer doesn't FINISH loading the HLTV server, but if it did finish then you would get a message explaining what just happened to you.

Comment

Originally posted by La Sounounouw ! View Post
        Please don't tell me I need to pay or give a donation to be able to play without being kicked ?

Is there anything I can do if the above isn't the case ?
        That is the case. If you do not have a Supporting Membership (SM), you are eligible to get kicked by a joining SM.

I'm not entirely familiar with how points enter the equation, and I dont want to give the wrong idea, so ill let someone more informed than I explain how points come into play with SM kicking.
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

Points don't factor at all in deciding which non-SM gets kicked when an SM joins the full server. That is time based.

The only role points play in the slot reservation process is as follows:

If you have 5000 points, you can join the full server ***IF*** there is a number in the hostname *after* the 'FF' text. This number will come and go (it updates every 15 seconds), so you've just got to keep your eye on it when you're wanting to join.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Ok, thank you very much guys for the information.

I asked to the players today, and they all think it was indeed because a member of higher importance had a priority over me and the server was full, so it has the result I see, being kicked with the loading bar frozen. I will deal with it. I like the server and I won't stop playing there because of that, but at least I know the reason now so it's acceptable.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X