NS v3.2 public beta released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS v3.2 public beta released

Due to the nature of the balance changes we're making in NS v3.2, we've decided to open up testing in a public beta so we can get more feedback. Installing the beta will not interfere with your current NS install so clan players and others can continue playing without being affected.

There are a lot of changes in v3.2, including four new maps, quite a few interface changes, HLTV improvements and more. The full changelog is here, and we suggest you read it while you download to avoid confusion!

Download Natural Selection v3.2 beta here from one of the links below:

Client full installer: (160 meg)
    BitTorrent @ G4B2S.com
    jarHedz

Client patch installer (26 meg, copy your "ns" folder to "nsp" first)
    jarHedz
    Wyzcrak

Dedicated server full zip: (Server note: Running AMX Mod or other server plugins will have undesirable effects until compatible plugins are released)
    jarHedz

Dedicated server patch zip: (copy your "ns" folder to "nsp" first)
    jarHedz
    Wyzcrak

Special thanks to playzen.net G4B2S.com, NSPlayer.net and TacticalGamer for their help running servers during our Constellation test.

We are looking forward to your feedback and we hope you enjoy this special build!
    http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: NS v3.2 public beta released

put it on the server!

Comment

With Turkey day approaching I don't see TGNS moving to 3.2 and losing all the capabilities of amxx and admin plugins. I'm sure if we can allocate the resources a second TGNS server for the 3.2 beta *may* be put up leaving TGNS 3.1 intact.
      USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post
        ...if we can allocate the resources...
        There's the catch though. NS servers are resource intensive, and as Wyz has said, we don't have servers just lying around. 2 servers at the same time seems unlikely to me.

However, now that the entire audience has access to 3.2 instead of just a few of us, it seems much more likely that the server could be temporarily converted to 3.2 for designated test days. Much like the Battlefield 2 Servers are converted to TacMod servers on certain days of the week, then put back to normal the rest of the time.

(disclaimer: I havent played BF2 in like 3 months, so I dont know what mods they are using today)

Comment

i'll donate an extra 30 bucks for the use of a temp server while we wait for the full conversion to 3.2, who's with me?

plus, i cant find any 3.2 servers on the list with a ping of less than 300 for me.

Comment

Why would it take so long to turn on the plugins?

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Originally posted by aesop rock View Post
              Why would it take so long to turn on the plugins?
              Because the plugin libraries need to catch up to the game itself, and there are certainly no 3.2 compatible libraries created yet.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

So Poker, what do you think of setting TG to 3.2 on certain days of the week?

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                  So Poker, what do you think of setting TG to 3.2 on certain days of the week?
                  Not a horrible idea, but I'm trying to work on another angle before I turn off TGNS for any amount of time. Certainly something to ponder.
                  [volun2]
                  NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                  <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                  <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

*Squee*

No more permaweb gorges of doom!

Comment

Having played the new version, all I have to say is 'Wah-wah-wee-wah!!"

In other words, this patch is a true overhaul, and quite welcome. A couple of caveats tho.

Fade blink takes longer to 'get up to speed' it seems. It definately is gonna make fading in tall rooms (fade pancaking, if you will) much trickier.

The fact that aliens no longer get armor upgrades with new hives. Boooooo!

Cheaper JP!?! C'mon! I always thought 15 res was dirt cheap, as it were.

I still think parasites/SOF should show on alien map. Maybe not show which direction they're facing, but a dot would be nice.

Other than that, everything looks much nicer. The interface and minimap are vastly improved.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

DC farm of doom! ... As long as you don't use the left over res from the cheaper jetpacks to buy extra sieges.

Now I really wish I wasn't travelling. I won't have a chance to play until next week and I will probably be too busy then to do more than one or two games.

Comment

what does one do to install?

just kidding found the copy ns to nsp part lol doh
                          Last edited by Alien Hunta; 11-22-2006, 12:33 PM.

Comment

heh, with the community nearly half dead this is the first thing I would expect them to do.
                            [negative]

Comment

My fade is so slow...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed