New HLTV Session Leader Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HLTV Session Leader Needed

Title says it all, folks. LazyEye has done a wonderful job for us, and while our gratitude is unending, so too is our thirst for knowledge.

If you feel you'd like to lead the HLTV Sessions, now is the time to speak up. BUT, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION:

Do not reply to this thread if you are interested. Instead, shoot a PM to Keres and myself expressing your interest and qualifications (if any). I don't want public debate; this is not a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship. :)

Deadline for submissions is Sunday Dec 3rd at 12:01 AM Eastern Time.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Re: New HLTV Session Leader Needed

One more week to get those applications in!
    [volun2]
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

BUMP!

C'mon guys. My pm box is lonely.
      --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

My opinion is that Lazy pretty much exhausted the avenues that you can do with HLTV sessions.

I would look at reforming it to something more similar to NSLearn, but where instead of talking about it, you designate a night in the week to focus on something. A good standby could be celerity vs resupply training, or you could do jets vs fades, or commander training *cough* *wyz* *cough* or maybe focus on learning the ins and outs of a particular map.

Then in that format you could set up a session to point out certain aspects of a given game, in the style of the good old HLTV sessions.

Just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Slayer of Hippies View Post
          My opinion is that Lazy pretty much exhausted the avenues that you can do with HLTV sessions.

I would look at reforming it to something more similar to NSLearn, but where instead of talking about it, you designate a night in the week to focus on something. A good standby could be celerity vs resupply training, or you could do jets vs fades, or commander training *cough* *wyz* *cough* or maybe focus on learning the ins and outs of a particular map.

Then in that format you could set up a session to point out certain aspects of a given game, in the style of the good old HLTV sessions.

Just an idea.
          Why yes, you can volunteer! :P
          [volun2]

Comment

I would, but I'd rather not reduce NS' general skill level that drastically. Perhaps it could be a scheduled rather than a weekly event. Someone says "Hey. I know how to use a jetpack, I can show others." and then they pm an admin and schedule it, say, 2 weeks in advance so that people have time to get the idea.

Comment

I personally like the idea but I see an issue with it: it wouldn't be HLTV anymore.
              Showing someone how to do something or "training" generally implies activity in the server as opposed to the formula for HLTV. Not a real offensive problem, but that's up to the TGNS gods to decide as it does change what the event does.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X