Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our public 3.2 server

70.84.146.204:27015 TacticalGamer.com NS 3.2b1|bs0;FF

It's not perfect, but it's up. There is no password. It is public.

Some plugins are unavailable by design. Some will be broken through oversight. Please PM me about stuff you think is available by design and broken by oversight.

The only thing I can think about that I know is broken is temp admins won't be green icons.

Reserved slots work (SMs, 5000-point-force-joins, etc). gb should work. Admin commands work. SM chat doesn't. Admin chat does.

My time is very limited since 3.2 hit, and my goal was to stand up a server that enables you, the players (and admins) to enforce and RELY ON that quality in our 3.2 server that you nightly experience in our 3.1 server.

If there's a plugin lacking on the 3.2 server that you think would enable that quality, please send a forum PM to any admin. In the meantime, here's a *rough list* of what I've put on the 3.2 server to begin with. As stability proves itself with this list, it will grow (again, some of this may not work flawlessly -- I - NEED - FEEDBACK):

icons
    co_alltalk
    gb
    hltv voices
    marineextra enforcement
    alien resreturn
    tempadmin
    reserved slots
    lockedspectate
    clearWaypoint
    captains

Oh and another thing. Consider any persistent data on the 3.2 server (points, etc) temporary. Also, SteamID registrations are regularly copied from 3.1 to 3.2, so new folks will require several 3.2 mapchanges for 3.1 registrations to be recognized in 3.2 (I'm cheating so I don't have to recreate the 3.1 SteamID scrapes in 3.2).

The 3.2 server is a work in progress. It is not finished. Please provide feedback.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: our public 3.2 server

Just played a few rounds it on it tonight. Seems like most admin options work, gb appears to work (havn't tested it yet, but it gives me a "aeroripper is a registered player" in console when I use it on myself).

Question mark icons don't show up nor do exclamation marks. My admin icon does along with constie\playtester\dev icons. Don't think any SMs joined to see if that worked. Will try some of the others over the next few days.

Just out of curiosity, is the plan to get all the plugins working well and tested on this extra server before we transfer the main box over to 3.2? Or are we waiting for a final release?
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Yay! Now maybe we can get some true tests of the changes in a high teamwork enviroment. :)
      remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight View Post
        Yay! Now maybe we can get some true tests of the changes in a high teamwork enviroment. :)
        QFT

Comment

Duh. Of course question marks won't work. Why didn't you think of that, Wyz?

Question marks and exclamation points are a mod to the icons plugin, which I've yet to carry over to 3.2 (the icon plugin author re-released the plugin for 3.2, and I've yet to mod the new version).

I'll have to do that as soon as I can (could be days). I wasn't happy about temp admins not being icons, but I'm plainly repulsed by the idea of playing without those question marks.

To be honest, I'm not sure what the master plan is atm, but I can't guess that we'd transition out 3.1 unless 3.2 is officially released, and I'll continuously be working to make the 3.2 server perform better than the 3.1 server so that we're ready to rock 'n roll when that happens. But, to repeat myself, I'm not sure what the master plan is.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

MY master plan is to run two servers as long as Apophis will allow me, up until 3.2 becomes final, at which time TGNS will transition to that exclusively, and we'll stop abusing the poor CE server.

This master plan is subject to heavy revision, and can change at any time.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
              Oh and another thing. Consider any persistent data on the 3.2 server (points, etc) temporary.
              So a separate vault for 3.2? Man...guess I'm gonna go early onos a lot on the 3.1 box now...

resreturn was working last night. I don't think the marineextra was (that I noticed). Of course it is hit-and-miss at times on 3.1 anyway. co_alltalk was working.
              Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

slotkicking isnt working for me :/

Comment

- whois isn't working yet
                  - bka appears to work with the command, but havn't tested to see if it shows up yet
                  Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                  Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

when random was used it pulled people to the readyroom before randoming... a bug i think? didn't used to do that.
                    remi.D

Comment

I don't know about you guys by my reg on that server is pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                        slotkicking isnt working for me :/
                        Explain for me what you did, exactly, and what you experienced that differed from what you expected.

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight View Post
                          when random was used it pulled people to the readyroom before randoming... a bug i think? didn't used to do that.
                          It might not be. Random could have been updated, or wyz changed balanced, which one was it?
                          Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Interesting i must say. Ghost buildings aren't as nightmarishly worked as i thought. I have yet to think of the actual armor bonus as for unevening but aliens do die easier, but i've seen plenty of times that the aliens win. (I knifed an onos though)

I must say, i LOVE the HP bar for comm working, and all the new flashing warnings for RT attacks and everything works nicely.

Comment

Checked the server, read 16/17, attempted to join and got "Server full". Checked again, still 16/17. Went to console and connected manually using the ip/command line and once again got "server full". Finally someone left and I managed to join on a 15/17 reading. When I got in, aero and I were the only two SM's there.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X