Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take The 3.2 Down? Or Port The 3.1 Over to 3.2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take The 3.2 Down? Or Port The 3.1 Over to 3.2?

It seems like the lag on the 3.2 has been unbareable and no one will even play on the server, let alone long enough for it to fill up due to the lag. Are there any plans or considerations to totally port to the 3.2 anytime soon? I know people are still partial to 3.1, but you're going to have to face that 3.2 is going to come one way or another. I know this is the beta release, but why not embrace it now?

Re: Take The 3.2 Down? Or Port The 3.1 Over to 3.2?

Well, for starters the second beta is due to come out pretty soon. At the least we can wait for that and see what the reaction is.

Until then, I'm more than happy to continue playing 3.1.

Comment

I really would prefer 3.2. I find I have much more enjoyable games. Maybe it's just due to novelty, who knows.
      remi.D

Comment

Understand that I'm a bottleneck of sorts, here, and I'm basking in the novelty of my 1-month old, often by choice, and often not.

There are still things that need to be ported to 3.2, and I haven't played or config'd/upgraded on the server in over a week. I hope to find time this weekend, but believe it when you see it.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

This weekend's lag was due to the RO free weekend; the box was also running Red Orchestra for the duration of the trial. That SHOULD largely disappear now.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Played for a bit today and there is still pretty laggy. Most people left after a few minutes on the server.

And although I'm loving 3.2, I don't think the 3.1 server should come down until the final version of 3.2.
            Last edited by Satertek; 12-13-2006, 01:30 AM.

Comment

I hope it's fixed by next week! (my snowy break starts thursday, i get home saturday... sunday NS will be calling me.)
              remi.D

Comment

Choice is good. As long as we're able, it's nice to have both versions up. Events like the one coming up (BF1942DC) will mean some low server times, but I like being able to play both.

If forced to choose, I'd take a 3.2 server over a 3.1.
                Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

I think we should switch to 3.2. It's not like they are never going to release it fully. If a strong community such as TG ported over and we started getting really good full games with regs we could provide some excellent feedback to developpers (see this topic: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...feedback.html).

While that is the main reason I see that TG should switch over I do have a small side reason. Season 1 is comming to a close in ANSL and next season the league plans on using the most up to date version of 3.2 (even if it's still beta). While I know the community does not cater to the needs of competitive players, there are a few in the community and having our regular server also on 3.2 would be really nice :).

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                    Well, for starters the second beta is due to come out pretty soon. At the least we can wait for that and see what the reaction is.

Until then, I'm more than happy to continue playing 3.1.
                    I would appreciate having 3.1 for awhile, at least until the changes are ironed out. People act like 3.1 is the final beta, but it's not.

Comment

Port 3.1 to 3.2
                      LLJK-Domino in game

Comment

Switch fully to 3.2 as the good outweighs the bad by a large margin. I do agree that the lag has been killing the population on the 3.2 server, it was full for a while and the main reason people would say they were going back to the main was because of the lag issues, not gameplay ones. Switching to only haveing one sounds like it would solve the lag issues.
                        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I think it would be a better idea and wait for beta2 to come out, I can't imagine it taking a long time. By then the spectator bug should be fixed.
                          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I am getting sick of these ? filled games, both servers may be full, but if our regs aren't on 3.2 it makes for crappy games.
                            (Though I really enjoy the change 3.2 brings, I've been playing 3.1 far too long)
                            remi.D

Comment

I'd play more but my suckiness has reached a whole new level since now my soundcard isn't just dying, it's my memory! FPS? Nah. SPF! Anyways...

Since it's going to be ported to 3.2 eventually anyways, beat the rush?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X