Captains Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captains Night

hey everyone~ just wondering if we could have captains night on the 3.2 server today! everyone join in. its pretty full right now

Re: Captains Night

I've been working all day to polish the 3.2 server (features, not performance -- though I'm adding features only as closely-monitored performance allows).

I wouldn't recommend a Captains Night until we have more things working... not least of which is non-SM regs' ability to join the full server when it's full of strangers. I hope to have that working tonight before bed, and I hope to bring more to the 3.2 server tomorrow.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Well there was nobody on for the 3.2 server and everyoen is on for the 3.2 server, so I was just wondering if we could do it tonight. =]

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
        I've been working all day to polish the 3.2 server (features, not performance -- though I'm adding features only as closely-monitored performance allows).

I wouldn't recommend a Captains Night until we have more things working... not least of which is non-SM regs' ability to join the full server when it's full of strangers. I hope to have that working tonight before bed, and I hope to bring more to the 3.2 server tomorrow.
        Thanks for working to get the 3.2 server up to snuff for us :). I imagine that's been fairly time consuming.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
          Thanks for working to get the 3.2 server up to snuff for us :). I imagine that's been fairly time consuming.
          3.2 should now be allowing force joins for non-SMs with 5000 points. When you see a number after the 'FF' text in the 3.2 hostname, you (the non-SM with 5000 points) can force connect using the console to join the full 3.2 server.

This should increase the quality of play when the 3.2 server is full.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The gnomes frown upon my efforts. The first few times I have to work on this stuff this weekend, and Steam is down due to the storms. Now, I get some time alone this morning, and the 3.2 server is down (I've PM'd Apo). Argh.

Comment

Well on a plus side, a large electrical substation didn't catch fire and throw 100 foot flames in the air plus one 500 foot fireball (that happened here after the storms were done).

Had 50,000 people without power and had MAX (local electric train public transportation) down
              Last edited by Chark; 12-17-2006, 11:17 PM. Reason: spelling, formating, minor things

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X