3.2b2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.2b2

Originally posted by [url=http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99518&st=0&#entry1591193]puzl[/url]
    There will be a 3.2 beta2 release soon, and this should be the final beta. I wouldn't expect to see 3.2 go to full public release until mid January at the earliest. If you find 3.2 unsuitable for your league, you should consider using 3.1 for now.
    mmmmmm delicious.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: 3.2b2

Time to switch the main server over when its out :icon20:.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Switch the main server to 3.2b2 when it delivers?
      Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Probably. But don't hold me to it.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Hey everyone.. I just came back from a long hiatus. I'm planning to stay until the break is over - ~2 weeks :)

I'm lost. I see 3.1x and 3.2-beta1. Is the latter only available to Constellation members? I don't see any links to download it. And the 3.13 TGNS server is empty, whereas the 3.2 is completely full; that leads me to think that 3.2 is more popular. So where do you get it?

I sound like such a noob, I know :)

Comment

Yeah I had to re-download it and there is no easy way to find it on the NS site. Although you can download it here.

http://dx.ampednews.com/?page=downloads&id=7065

Comment

That makes me want to cry. No link off official site, no mention of a different version. On top of that, the site outage[s].

Downloading, will join you guys soon :D

Comment

It's in the annoucements forum but the news link is gone. The download links need to be updated under the files section. Almost forgot, here's the changelog if you're interested:

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/stat...changelog.html

Also don't forget to watch the NS2 movie:

http://www.unknownworlds.com/blog/20...festation.html

Comment

holy crap its quarter. welcome back from the land of non gaming!

Comment

Originally posted by 2_of_8 View Post
                    That makes me want to cry. No link off official site, no mention of a different version. On top of that, the site outage[s].

Downloading, will join you guys soon :D
                    The link is on the front page, it's just a couple weeks old.

Comment

Beta 2 change log: http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/...howtopic=99845
                      Steam Community: | |

Comment

Wow. The changes are going to put aliens back on the board. Without nerfing rines too badly.
                        -FF on the hive is back. No more yelling "push E on the hive!!!!!!!!!"
                        -Onos got a 250HP boost
                        -Each entity can only be healed by one dc per tick, which i think is a bad idea because it takes away the whole idea of having multiple DCs to heal the hive.
                        -Hive 3 gives the armor bonus! (CHEERS!)
                        Get the mirrors ready folks, we want this quick. Wyz, if you guys need help testing amxx/mods once we have a test server, let me know.

Comment

I love this changelog!!

Notice that while you can only be healed by one DC instead of 3, one DC heals about as much as 3 DCs did before anyway. So theyve really buffed DCs, and just taken away the incentive to stack 8 of them behind your Hive to make it invulnerable. But invulnerable hives aren't fun anyway.

Edit: I'm gonna repost the balance section of the changelog here for easy reference.

Balance Changes:
                          o Reduced Marine RT Health from 6000 to 5000.
                          o Increased Onos HP from 700 to 950.
                          o DC Limit: each entity can be healed by only one DC per tick
                          o Each DC heals 10 + 3&#37; per tick.
                          o The third hive grants an armor bonus equal to the 3.1 armor bonus.
                          o Gorge spit activates 'the enemy approaches' on a building hive.
                          Last edited by Kerostasis; 01-07-2007, 07:20 PM.

Comment

IMHO, with this change DCs should be placed to heal structures, and lifeforms can then just run to them for healing stations. Obviously one in each hive(out of sight from the doors), and also one for each node that can be covered from a safe place, i.e. a vent. 3% per tick will do a lot to maintain RTs against rambos.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                              o Gorge spit activates 'the enemy approaches' on a building hive.
                              Wow Excellent!

I often find myself still spitting the hive as a "Last effort" before getting mowed over!

All the other changes will be interesting also. I"m glad the armor is back at least. Dropping that IMO was a bit drastic.
                              birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X