Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rates

    rateshelp or helprates or whatever it was in 3.1 not working in 3.2 and I know its work in progress for us to convert to 3.2 fully.
    However, I got huge choke, thats the reason I am laggin, what should rates be again?

    updaterate, cl_cmdrate and so on, if someone could post that, I would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks fellas

  • #2
    Re: rates

    You're already greatly appreciated, nub. :)

    I can offer some help when I'm home again, if someone cooler than me doesn't chime in first.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

    Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: rates

      well what can I say I am an appreciative guy :D.

      Orlanth helped me out in game later on.
      However, my choke stil goes up to 20, so I've been commanding, suprisingly, instead of being on field.

      I think its because of 3.2 since I never had that problem in 3.1, and only thing that changed was that I installed 3.2, same comp, same isp, even same windows installation, prior to being away from TGNS for about 2 months.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: rates

        I blame society :icon_wink

        Hope ya get it figured out.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: rates

          Hehe, I think he skipped right on by the appreciated remark unnoticing his mistake ;P

          I need a little help in this area too.. choke is pretty bad.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: rates

            By coincidence, reading through one of Turb's posts feels almost the same as playing on the 3.2 server with high lag.
            Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: rates

              If it helps, here are the rates I've been using. They are responsive and don't really give me any choke, outside of the occasional hour or so where the network is laggy during peak usage.

              cl_smoothtime 0
              ex_extrapmax "2"
              ex_interp "0.035"
              cl_cmdrate "80"
              cl_updaterate "50"
              rate "20000"
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: rates

                woot some 1337 H4x0rz rates
                ...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: rates

                  I love you Turbinator. NS, tongiht perhaps, be there or be square!


                  I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: rates

                    Originally posted by RawrSoft View Post
                    Hehe, I think he skipped right on by the appreciated remark unnoticing his mistake ;P

                    I need a little help in this area too.. choke is pretty bad.

                    Interesting to see several people experiencing the problem with choke with 3.2.

                    P.S. what did I miss about the remark?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: rates

                      Originally posted by Turbinator View Post
                      if someone could post that, I would be greatly appreciated.
                      The way you used it in a sentence means that we would appreciate you. or your dollar value would go up.. O_o

                      I suppose with the sentence in that form, the spelling you were looking for would have been "appreciative".

                      No big deal, fun to laugh at sometimes though =)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: rates

                        Rate guide:

                        Have net_graph 3 enabled. Set all the settings then check for choke/loss

                        Rate 20000 - Setting it to 20000 should be fine for most DSL or cable connections, 20000 is the max setting. If you experiance loss or high ping you can lower it, dont go below 10000 though. When playing on a euro server lowing this can help gameplay.

                        cl_cmdrate 30-100 - set this to your fps. If your fps spikes use a middle range of the spike. Make sure your fps_max command is set correctly, also vsync can limit your fps and can be turned off in your video driver settings.

                        cl_updaterate 30-100 - Start at 100, keep an eye on your choke in netgraph. If you have choke lower it. The more stuff going on (fighting, etc) the more likely choke is to happen. Frankly I just use 50. The server settings can also effect this, the server default is 30 or 40.

                        ex_interp 0 - .1 - Zero will default it to 1/cl_updaterate most likely making it a low number. Basicly the better connection you have (and the servers...) the lower you want it. If everyone seems warpy raise the number. Don't stress to much about this one, playing at default can be fine. (defualt is .1)

                        ex_extrapmax 1.2 - Dont really mess with this one, its basicly the couter to ex_interp, lowering it may make models warpy, raising it may make hit boxes go wild.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: rates

                          Originally posted by LazyEye View Post
                          Rate guide:

                          Have net_graph 3 enabled. Set all the settings then check for choke/loss

                          Rate 20000 - Setting it to 20000 should be fine for most DSL or cable connections, 20000 is the max setting. If you experiance loss or high ping you can lower it, dont go below 10000 though. When playing on a euro server lowing this can help gameplay.

                          cl_cmdrate 30-100 - set this to your fps. If your fps spikes use a middle range of the spike. Make sure your fps_max command is set correctly, also vsync can limit your fps and can be turned off in your video driver settings.

                          cl_updaterate 30-100 - Start at 100, keep an eye on your choke in netgraph. If you have choke lower it. The more stuff going on (fighting, etc) the more likely choke is to happen. Frankly I just use 50. The server settings can also effect this, the server default is 30 or 40.

                          ex_interp 0 - .1 - Zero will default it to 1/cl_updaterate most likely making it a low number. Basicly the better connection you have (and the servers...) the lower you want it. If everyone seems warpy raise the number. Don't stress to much about this one, playing at default can be fine. (defualt is .1)

                          ex_extrapmax 1.2 - Dont really mess with this one, its basicly the couter to ex_interp, lowering it may make models warpy, raising it may make hit boxes go wild.
                          good to know thanks :).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: rates

                            For anyone that's still interested, I posted a netocde guide some time ago on our tactical wiki! Check it!

                            http://www.tacticalwiki.com/index.php/Netcode_Guide
                            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

                            Comment

                            Connect

                            Collapse

                            TeamSpeak 3 Server

                            Collapse

                            Advertisement

                            Collapse

                            Twitter Feed

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X