• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS v3.2 download location

Where can I download it?

Re: NS v3.2 download location

http://dx.ampednews.com/?page=downloads&id=7065
    BTW, if we could get one of the higher ups to get this posted in the TG downloads section, it would be cool. I had a heck of a time finding it when I got my new comp last week.

Comment

Yeah, I had to post on a few forums to find it. My question is, why isn't it on the NS site?

Comment

I found it without any problem the other day when I had to reinstall. While I agree that such a news item deserves front page billing, I'm surprised that such is required for people (who are already going out of their way to look for it) to find it.

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/?action=news&page=3
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I think Flayra and Co. might be hiding it because they've gotten a little too acclimated with what happens if you let stupid people run free. Originally we could download 3.2 in a patch form, but you had to copy your NS folder and rename it "nsp." Approximately everyone managed not to do this, and messed up their NS installs. Now the only option is basically to download the full installer or find the patch somewhere else. I'm guessing the full installer is half-hidden in order to alleviate the chances that a bunch of the weeners will download it, thinking it's final, and quit NS forever because their lerk flight was nerfed or something.

Of course, that's pure speculation. Considering how long the forums were down, you could easily chalk it up to bad decision making :D

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu View Post
            I think Flayra and Co. might be hiding it because they've gotten a little too acclimated with what happens if you let stupid people run free. Originally we could download 3.2 in a patch form, but you had to copy your NS folder and rename it "nsp." Approximately everyone managed not to do this, and messed up their NS installs. Now the only option is basically to download the full installer or find the patch somewhere else. I'm guessing the full installer is half-hidden in order to alleviate the chances that a bunch of the weeners will download it, thinking it's final, and quit NS forever because their lerk flight was nerfed or something.

Of course, that's pure speculation. Considering how long the forums were down, you could easily chalk it up to bad decision making :D
            That notion is easily dispelled with a big red disclaimer above the link explaining that 3.2 is a beta release and still in testing and development, not to be regarded as a final release such as 3.13

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
              That notion is easily dispelled with a big red disclaimer above the link explaining that 3.2 is a beta release and still in testing and development, not to be regarded as a final release such as 3.13
              That's nice if people read. They often don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                Which would be a valid point if the whole "YOU HAVE TO RENAME YOUR NS FOLDER NSP BEFORE YOU INSTALL" had had any impact on people at all, which it didn't, because they just ignored it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X