well-written, brief summary of NS bot options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well-written, brief summary of NS bot options

This is not "our" snappy (snappy[nano]).

If any of you has found yourself confused by NS bots and which was which, here's a good summary that explains things on a very high level.
    Originally posted by [url=http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99629&view=findpost&p=1592826]SnappyCrunch[/url]
    RCBot is coded by a guy named Cheeseh, who originally coded the bot to play Rocket Crowbar (hence RCBot), and then adapted and expanded it to play different Half-Life mods as he got interested in them. Cheeseh keeps the bot updated so that it still works with the current NS, but he isn't adding any more NS-specific features. I haven't looked at it in a while, but I'm pretty sure all the recent feature additions pertain to Sven Co-op.

Whichbot is an alien-only bot coded for NS and NS only by a guy named Clamatius. Clamatius went on hiatus for about a year after the birth of his second child, but now a guy by the name of Masked Carrot is starting to pick up the slack and code for it. Whichbot is by far the better option for playing aliens, though RCBot is your only choice for marine bots.
    TGNS uses Whichbot exclusively, and only on CO maps, and only when they're manually added after a map load by players enabled to do so.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: well-written, brief summary of NS bot options

If you guys want to participate in active testing of new bots and bot-mods for NS, Masked Carrot haunts the KcK (Kustom Karnage) servers and does all his testing there. I play there a good deal and the bots are superb. No more lerks that just land on your head and chew down, they actually do flybys and own.

Comment

Re: well-written, brief summary of NS bot options

Wow, Clamatius is in my Guild Wars guild, Never knew he was responsible for which bot. Nifty.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X