our 3.2 CO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our 3.2 CO

By installing two admin-approved plugins on our 3.2 server, I've created a starting ground for dialog regarding what will become TG's 3.2 CO.

Play CO on our 3.2 server, with these plugins, before sharing your thoughts.

We have a history of screwing with CO to make it whatever best serves our needs, and 3.2 won't be any different. Just as in the past, anything that pisses off too many people (XP Vault, anyone? Spawn tickets, perhaps?) won't survive.

We're starting with Extralevels (and NOT Extraupgrades) and Combat Communism, the resulting adoration and/or angst for which you may direct to its creator, Pokerface. :)

Both plugins allow the admins to tweak their performance with variables.

Extralevels has the upgrades completely disabled, and levels are capped at 13, just enough to lessen the frustration you feel from hitting Level 10 too soon.

Combat Communism is using the default 33% distribution, and that can be changed if need be.

The admins see CO as a mechanism for getting us to NS faster. If you want something else from CO, tell us. If these plugins need to be changed or removed to give you that something else, tell us why.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: our 3.2 CO

I've seen only one bug with COCOMM, so far. XP is carried from one round to another. I do believe that's not intentional.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
      I've seen only one bug with COCOMM, so far. XP is carried from one round to another. I do believe that's not intentional.
      The vault is back! But this time the vault is communist! :p

Do we not want to have an incentive for one team to reach a higher level than the other though?

(Sorry for not testing it first, but I won't get back to my computer for another 5 days, and this seemed like a harmless enough comment.)

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
        The vault is back! But this time the vault is communist! :p

Do we not want to have an incentive for one team to reach a higher level than the other though?

(Sorry for not testing it first, but I won't get back to my computer for another 5 days, and this seemed like a harmless enough comment.)
        That's not intentional... I thought I had it reset on round start, but maybe not.

The COCOMM plugin takes away the incentive to get higher than the other team, but it also removes the power that the player on top has over everyone else on the server.

FWIW, I like it. :)
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
          I don't have a need which that incentive meets.

Comment

For what its worth, I really look forward to trying this out on the server despite my theoretical reservations. Too bad my computer is about 600 miles away at the moment.

Kudos to Poker for the idea then, until/unless experiment proves otherwise.

Comment

Interesting idea. The marine team managed to all get JPs at the same time in one game we played :D

The bug with starting with your previous points in the new game is there though.
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

We should drop this anti american communist plugin for that awesome plugin that one awesome dude wrote that gives you xp each time you do damage...
                USAR

Comment

I personally don't like the plugin. Because everyone gets XP from the rambo/ninja players, the game too quickly escalates into an all out higher lifeform/maxed out marine war. When the entire alien team has onos most likely they are going to win, unless they are poor players or cannot cooperate.

From what I seen, aliens was an easy win (except for the times when marines got free XP because of the bug and did a spawn kill rush.)

Comment

I think this would be better if we also paired it with a xp growth stunter... So that people stay at lmg vs skulk longer. I don't know if anyone has made this yet, I have had the idea for a while. I really think if we could make each kill give you less xp CO would be more enjoyable.

edit:

I misunderstood the wording of this plugin I guess?

Everyone, regardless of team, has the same xp. It makes it less fun. There is no reason to kill the other team. If you live or die you still get the same amount of xp. You're actually better off just having them kill you as much as possible if you can do that faster.

On the other hand, this makes CO more mindless and offers less, which is good because NS is where it's at. This also makes it so nobody actually has to try in CO... which brings me to my next question...

is the afk kicker on in CO? because I think it should be off, regardless of # of players. Just because CO is normally used for filling the server and so idling shouldn't be a problem. (and if someone is idling they will just be kicked soon upon switching to NS)
                    Last edited by blu.knight; 12-29-2006, 08:47 PM.
                    remi.D

Comment

By the way, filling the server with btos is exceptionally fun with the communism plugin.
                      remi.D

Comment

The bots seemed much more difficult. Maybe it was just my imagination.

You don't want AFKs on the server. It leads to switching to an NS map, starting a game, and then having four people drop, leaving you with a 3v4 NS game. Ick.

Comment

Hmm. That's true. I was just thinking in my particular case... I have two screens, so I can watch and wait for it to switch.

The bots seemed more difficult because they had so many damn levels.

EVERYONE (including bots) in the server has the EXACT same XP.
                          remi.D

Comment

Well one thing for sure is that I have never played a more balanced version of CO. I played a couple games on it and I liked it to some extent. Maybe reduce the xp given per kill and stuff so the whole marine team doesn't go jetpack in 4 minutes. This happened on a 6 on 6 game btw I think.

You gain levels way too fast, which is the only flaw in the new system I think.

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post
                              We should drop this anti american communist plugin for that awesome plugin that one awesome dude wrote that gives you xp each time you do damage...
                              Poker is my comrade :row__577:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X