• Show
Clear All

• my suggestions !_!

solves multiple issues!

makes breakfast easier!

have a look-see!

http://www.natural-selection.org/for...howtopic=69169

Re: my suggestions !_!

I do think meta should be a 3rd hive ability (its just way too strong for a 2nd hive ability. Thats like making xeno a 2nd hive ability.), but removing acid and giving it spike cannon? For one thing, spike cannon sounds like something out of a really bad (or good, depends on if you like it or) pokemon game. I think they need to switch AC and meta and make AC a little more powerful (maybe make it so it only effects armor until armor is down to zero, then it will effect health.). Let the fade keep blink as the 1st hive, but reduce the speed a little bit and increase the energy it takes.

Comment

wtf i don't care what you call it. you could call it the ender gun for all i care.

and all the problems that everyone complains about stem from the very fact that blink is 1st hive...

****, why do i bother. you win, you're right.

Comment

So, now that we've discovered that the name is gay, and that perhaps there are "good" pokemon games out there, lets think about what this would add to the game. Maybe this would address the learning curve of the fade, and the balence issue. Fades would certianly be easier to trap, and kill. Meanwhile they would add defence to the alien hives, as the gorges and skulks take down nodes. May promote teamwork between fades, as the ranged weapon would have to overcome medspam. You'd have to play cautiously as a fade, watch your back, make sure marines aren't traping you. Cat packs would be come useful to catch retreating fades.

Think =^.^=

Comment

cost of fades would need to be dropped.

Comment

What about electrified marine resource nodes?

The fade is still the cheapest way to take them down (providing for one hive). And now you have no fast action when it comes to defending your own nodes. It would require the aliens to play much smarter rather than relying on one or two fades to win the game for them.

Without res nodes, both teams are at a disadvantage, but marines more-so.

This sounds like a good idea, but I'd hate to trade one problem (overpowered fades) for another (eleced nodes with no effective counter until 2 hives). As soon as 2-3 pubs who res whore and generally make idiots of themselves join the alien team: you are screwed.

But I guess stupid players is a fault of the team less than the game.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
              What about electrified marine resource nodes?

The fade is still the cheapest way to take them down (providing for one hive). And now you have no fast action when it comes to defending your own nodes. It would require the aliens to play much smarter rather than relying on one or two fades to win the game for them.

Without res nodes, both teams are at a disadvantage, but marines more-so.

This sounds like a good idea, but I'd hate to trade one problem (overpowered fades) for another (eleced nodes with no effective counter until 2 hives). As soon as 2-3 pubs who res whore and generally make idiots of themselves join the alien team: you are screwed.

But I guess stupid players is a fault of the team less than the game.
              Everything shoul dbe taken into consideration, even stupid people, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke
                wtf i don't care what you call it. you could call it the ender gun for all i care.

and all the problems that everyone complains about stem from the very fact that blink is 1st hive...

****, why do i bother. you win, you're right.
                Note to self... never disagree with you again...

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                  cost of fades would need to be dropped.
                  Thats why its a bad idea.. They shouldnt nerf the fade to make him more balanced. All they need to do is just switch around some of the abilities. Keep blink at 1 hive but switch meta to 3 (making AC a 2nd hive ability).

The problem isnt blink, the problem is those really good players who can switch between blink and meta midblink which basically lets them blink forever.

Comment

Live or die, perfect or proven flawed, I'm impressed with Sasuke for coming up with this idea. Nice work.
                    I've posted my comments at ns.org. This problem isn't simple, that's for sure. Anytime you start changing such an important force in the game, you have to be very careful.

I do think that the mobility of the fade is at the core of this problem. I'm certainly not sure what the solution is, and I'm not sure it requires lessening the mobility... perhaps simply changing the mobility. I'm just not sure.

For as much as I bitch about the fade, I sure wish I was more helpful when it came to solutions. All I know is that something needs to be done, and I'm weary of hearing people say that's not true.

Nice thread.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The problem with a ranged fade is that given their current health values and anything near their current groundspeed, they are VERY easy to kill without Blink even with just upgraded LMGs. That means that all the marines need to do is pull off one ambush and that Fade is toast. A single good shotty can take out a Fade that doesn't have Blink. Aliens are way too reliant on Fades right now(which also needs to be addressed IMHO) for them to be that killable.

Comment

I for one have given up on suggestions, devs either dont listen/read or there are just too many suggestions that the good ones get overlooked.

Not impressed with Beta4 patch they didnt address what was considered top priority by the community.

Comment

This is a bump, so you go look at the thread in the NS forums.

I bump here, so people will go look verify that I did math over there. :)
                          [volun2]
                          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

unfortunate that people seem to be stuck in the "Fade needs blink omg" mindset. those who do think outside the box though, have given good reasons for liking/disliking the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke
                              unfortunate that people seem to be
                              I thought I'd stop your quote there. :)

Anyway, you're bound to have close-minded people yelling in a thread like yours. Not like that's news to you, but....
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X