Combat Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat Request

Can we remove the 20 minute limit from combat for a bit? Since an admin is almost always on, I figured once we get tired of it, we can just quit and go to NS/another CO map.

I'd really like to see how the games (even the long ones) would pan out in an extended version. I believe combat is now stacked in the aliens favor, but it's hard to tell with games getting cut off early. I'd like to start keeping track.

I am unable to create a poll (or else this php hack is just hiding it from me), so an admin could poll for responses.
    Remove it.
    61.90%
    Keep it at 20 min!
    38.10%

Re: Combat Request

I don't play combat, at all. So I can't say that I'll be there to change the map. (really, the map switches to combat, and I quietly say goodbye if people would rather play that than NS.)

Comment

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
      Most people aren't as willing to just stop playing altogether if the server falls below 10 people. Combat is pump-priming the server, and nothing more. NS is the meat and potatoes of the mod, and always will be.
      mmmmm... poe-tay-toes......
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by NothingMore.
        I don't play combat, at all. So I can't say that I'll be there to change the map. (really, the map switches to combat, and I quietly say goodbye if people would rather play that than NS.)

Same here... I really do not like combat... I would rather poke myself in the eye for 20 minutes.
        I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
        --Douglas Adams

Comment

combat is only cool when I get leap and xeno :P

Comment

I look at combat like I look at a magazine in a doctor's office. Typically, I don't take Southern Living, but if it's that or watching paint dry for 20 minutes, I'll read the damn magazine (or is it clip? Can we get Cing in here?!).

Trust me. That analogy made sense.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I like the 20 min limit, but I would rather see a 20 min limit per round makes me mad when i only play for 3 min.

Comment

Yes, NS is what this place is about, and that's great. If all we had was combat I wouldn't be here. But sometimes I'm on and almost no other members or regs are. The game starts small so each team is playing smart to keep their deaths down. Then things finally get to the stage where it's going to get interesting, the game ends, and we get to do the same thing over again until more people join. It's annoying.

I've never been booted out of a game and been like "Thank God." It takes effect in two instances from what I've seen:
                1. A stalemate (which is good). But even I don't mind a stalemate if I get to blast away like a maniac because there's not enough people on to play NS.
                2. Small games where you play "cagey."

If I'm going to be stuck playing combat until more people join, I just want the option to finish what I've started. Once the game gets large enough to switch to NS, 99% of the time one of those 10+ people is an admin.

I don't understand how limiting the combat time limit helps the issue. If the game lasts only 20 minutes and people don't join, you're stuck playing 2 20 minute games instead of one 40, or a 30 and some change.

The only issue that this plug-in addresses is if the server gets to 14 people, there's a stalemate, and there happens to be no admin on to break the stalemate and switch to NS. Maybe we could replace it with a members only vote or something.

When forced between NS or CO, I will vote for NS (enough players provided). I will just play a drag out game of combat for grins to burn some time if there's not enough people.

Comment

Maybe it's time for me to build the plugin that throws up an NS vote once X number of players are in the CO game? Maybe THAT plugin could replace this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                    Maybe it's time for me to build the plugin that throws up an NS vote once X number of players are in the CO game? Maybe THAT plugin could replace this one?

a vote at 20 min and every five after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                      a vote at 20 min and every five after that.
                      That sounds perfect. Give the players the option of extending the game if they think it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                        That sounds perfect. Give the players the option of extending the game if they think it's worth it.

I must be the only one that likes Combat...I do wish we could finish the game before it changes..

Comment

Ive been enjoying combat more often because its a refreshing change from NS for me. In NS I am playing hard and taking it pretty seriously, but in combat I can just kick back and focus on having fun as opposed to trying everything I can to win for my comm or my team.

Besides, the regulars at TG make combat enjoyable. At least in my opinion.

Comment

How would this be really any different than the votemap function?
                            Rm 14:2 NIV
                            One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest
                              How would this be really any different than the votemap function?
                              Votemap is manual. The plugin would kick in automatically at X people.
                              [volun2]
                              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X