Beautiful jetpack rush on ns_machina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful jetpack rush on ns_machina

Played an excellent game tonight on ns_machina, and had an amazing jetpack rush at the end of the game that was absolutely beautiful to watch. The game itself was fairly good, we essentially held two phase gates and kept teching up while holding the aliens back.

Finally, once our entire team had jetpacks I beaconed and told every to NOT phase and head out the right side of base and into the pit on that big platform to fly into maus hive to shoot it down. The aliens never saw it coming (who expects a JP rush from marine start, and coming in from the pit)? They were elated that they had just taken down tau ceti hive PG (and angels grave) and getting a hive up.

After maus went down there was another beacon and the whole team flew into the airlock and took out the last hive at tau ceti. Except for stupid^^, he got crushed by the door :P.

videos (sorry for the slight jerkiness, old computer):

The approach

Tau Ceti doubleback
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Beautiful jetpack rush on ns_machina

The choppiness of the video took a lot less from that than I was expecting. Even in its brevity, that was really fun to watch. Thanks for sharing, aero.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Hmm, looks interesting. *runs off to read about natural selection*
      Battlefield 2: Battlefield 2142: WoW: Oblivion: NWN2

Comment

Oddly enough, about an hour after I watched these, i was playing machina on a different server and they tried the same thing, except they were being chased by an onos. when they got to the revolving door at snakes head, they all went in, closing the onos out. on the other side, a second onos blocked them in and gorgies went and killed MS, then lamed all around snakes head. for some odd reason, the comm didnt beacon...matter of fact, as soon as the JPs got trapped by the onos, he rage quit.

wish i had video of that!

Comment

The door was about the ONLY thing that could kill me!
          Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

What program are you using to convert to .avi? was trying to do this a while ago and failed miserably.

Comment

Wiki article I start and have never (yet?) polished:

NS HLTV Viewing/Filming

I've love for someone to fill the article out some. Surely (I don't give them out) rights are possible for most (if not all) who ask.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopStick View Post
                What program are you using to convert to .avi? was trying to do this a while ago and failed miserably.
                I used unregistered fraps to get the video from the game.

I use a freeware program called SUPER to do the encoding to .avi (Xvid). It took me forever to find a good freeware converter, but this one is really nice. I've uninstalled all the other ones I had. Send me a PM if you need any help with it.

http://www.erightsoft.org/

Comment

I was on aliens during that game. It was a very well played game marine wise. Aliens just couldn't take either hive (Something about the 10,000 mines being dropped) even with 2 lerks and 4 fades. We didn't hit your nodes (which lost us the game) and gave you enough time to tech up keep us occupied with the hives. Again, that was a great rush. GG.
                  USAR

Comment

I'm glad to see that the new maps are getting raves. Great job with the videos too!
                    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

I've been tinkering around with movie making cvars inside the hltv demos, and I've made about a 3 minute one here for your viewing pleasure in this game. It's not really the way I wanted it, and its fairly amateurish (*cough www.fraps.com *cough), but it turned out okay. Sorry for the relatively average video quality, it looks best if you run it at 50% viewing size. Think of doing some sort of 'real' promo video, but just getting my hands dirty with basic movie making for now.

Enjoy.

Machina Movie (28mb)
                      Last edited by aeroripper; 01-13-2007, 05:07 AM. Reason: added pic

Comment

That was fun, fun, fun to watch! Love the logo at the end, with the music climax. Some really entertaining angles in that, aero. Yay! TY!

Comment

Yea, I went a little overboard with all the shiny transitions too, :D. Next one will be better.

Comment

I agree. Great job with that video! aero, my first video was the same way. Just got to figure out what transition works best, and stick with it.

Does TG have a Youtube channel? Perhaps one of the head honchos here might create one so that we can have all the Tactical Gamer videos in one spot!
                            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X