Nine Legends Releases The "Hackpack"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nine Legends Releases The "Hackpack"

Nine Legends, a famed Euro competitive team has released a compilation of custom files that can help aid your NS experience.

http://www.ninelegends.com/content/view/118/146/

Here are the contents:

Version 1.1 additions

+ Alien upgrades text instead of icons
    + Cleaned up and improved alien hive information
    + Minimalistic Marine upgrade icons
    + New folder structure
    + Scoreboard weapon text instead of icons

Version 1.0 features

+ Invisible waypoint icons
    + Knife Gaming background
    + Major Marine HUD cleanup
    + No ambient sounds
    + No game startup music
    + No chat beep
    + Reduced HUD fonts
    + Several configs from assorted players
    + Several different crosshairs
    + Small Alien energy and Cloak bars
    + Small text fonts
    + Transparent Commander HUD

If you know what the knife gaming pack is, this is pretty much it's big brother.

Re: Nine Legends Releases The "Hackpack"

Huh. Isn't removing ambient sound an exploit though -- making footsteps and whatnot easier to hear?
    2142: |TG-Irr| Silverfish
    BF2: |TG-Irr| Maus

Comment

Originally posted by Maus View Post
      Huh. Isn't removing ambient sound an exploit though -- making footsteps and whatnot easier to hear?
      Valid question, in my opinion, but let's take that to another thread (although I'd prefer we just drop it, as no one's mind is likely to be changed on all of that).
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

looks pretty. i dont like the no chat beep though. thats often the only thing that lets me know people are trying to talk to me when im "in the zone".

Comment

Cool pack. The best part is the ability to pick and choose what you want.

Comment

It is missing the installer from the knifepack and the godawesome music with said installer.

Most of those alien hud addons are pretty stupid too.

HIVE OK GUYS

Comment

Heh, yeah I laughed at the "hive ok/not ok" but I do like that it changed the build sprite for the hive. Normally when you look at the hive it builds in 5th's.

(I'm talking about the actualy sprite of that hive on your HUD that fills up as the hive builds) And it been changed to show you the time left on build, once the hive is dropped the sprite says 180 seconds. Then it goes to the next 144, letting you know how many seconds are left til its done. Nifty.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerond View Post
                Heh, yeah I laughed at the "hive ok/not ok" but I do like that it changed the build sprite for the hive. Normally when you look at the hive it builds in 5th's.

(I'm talking about the actualy sprite of that hive on your HUD that fills up as the hive builds) And it been changed to show you the time left on build, once the hive is dropped the sprite says 180 seconds. Then it goes to the next 144, letting you know how many seconds are left til its done. Nifty.
                Interesting. Is this an installer or a zip?
                USAR

Comment

Very interesting. Maybe we can implement the above hive design into the server as a plugin?

Just a thought. I always love giving Wyz things to code.

:D

-Mom
                  Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

I'd assume, that like the Knife Pack, this one is also "League Legal" ?
                    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Yeah everything in the pack is legal in ansl and it should all pass consistency.

You are basicly allowed to changed anything on the HUD + ambient sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfhor View Post
                        It is missing the installer from the knifepack and the godawesome music with said installer.

Most of those alien hud addons are pretty stupid too.

HIVE OK GUYS

The music sucked. I have to turn off the sound everytime I bring up the installer. And the sprites aren't meant to be pretty, they're meant to be useful.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X