B2 Server Crashes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Server Crashes

The server's been randomly crashing and restarting for no apparent reason today. It'll restart during gameplay, and also seems to do it every time while trying to load co_faceoff.

Re: B2 Server Crashes

It's because of your broken forum avatar image.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
      LOL!!!
      PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
        :D

Comment

It's a sailboat.
          Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Bots seem to matter. I don't know if they're the only cause, but it seems as though bots are more often than not active when the server crashes with people on it.

As to the cycle of restarts, I dunno. I lengthened the period that the cycle waits to make sure the server's down before killing the process and restarting; hopefully that will help in the cyclical regard.

EDIT: Bots removed from the server for the time being. More news as it becomes available.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

How many players were on the server during the crash? The crashes you had on release night were probably due to 30+ players + HLTV.

Comment

Originally posted by puzl View Post
                How many players were on the server during the crash? The crashes you had on release night were probably due to 30+ players + HLTV.
                This is recent, after we fixed our issues with metamod not loading up.

ServerChecker kept finding the response of the server lacking, and restarted the process over and over for a good 30 minutes, at least.
                [volun2]
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

Server is "behaving" oddly at the moment. Everytime I try to join a team (on anymap) it crashes and comes back up on Altair.

Comment

Can load up faceoff but you're lucky if you go 15 minutes without a crash.

Comment

I've seen this tonight, whenever CO would load it would crash. did it 5 times before we switched to CO angst and it stayed just long enough to switch to NS. When we reach NS, it starts periodically lagging in spikes once enough people join, and continues. Even restarting the server didn't help, just defaulted to the map cycle of CO maps, crashed 5 times, play a normal round if your lucky, then to NS for a normal game till over 5 people join, then it lags in spikes more and more. IN on your net graph seems to spike during these lag spikes yermom discovered. Bit unplayable atm. :/

Comment

its all because you guys wanted to put pong on the server and it got mad.

Comment

I think that AMXX, is at fault.

WE have several co plugins running, causing a crash.

We have little ns plugins running and it just lags.
                          Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

It looks like the server is using the amxx NS module for 3.2 beta 1, a few memory offsets changed in beta 2. If the combat plugins do anything with experience/points etc it would probably be the issue.

The beta 2 module is available on nsmod.org, stickied under the amxmodx section (cant link entire URL because of board settings, if you want direct link PM me).

Comment

Originally posted by sawce View Post
                              It looks like the server is using the amxx NS module for 3.2 beta 1, a few memory offsets changed in beta 2. If the combat plugins do anything with experience/points etc it would probably be the issue.

The beta 2 module is available on nsmod.org, stickied under the amxmodx section (cant link entire URL because of board settings, if you want direct link PM me).
                              Aha! So it's NOT my fault! (not directly, at least)
                              [volun2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X